• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any

Perhaps that is the problem with Kora now – perhaps her heart is no longer flesh and blood. Perhaps it has frozen over. Perhaps it is for the best. Blood that runs warm and riddled with fear had never served her well. After all, she had been a coward – a sheep in sheep’s clothing – but now?

Now, she could be a wolf.

“I don’t know,” she responds, an answer both frank and elusive. Perhaps she would have been better off heartless from the start – she might never have mentioned her brother then. Her whisper-soft voice is made light. “I’m sure there’s time.” Easy words which render Leander’s plight inconsequential – but only for now.

She could worry about him later.
    For now, she wanted to be a wolf.

Flicking her gaze in the direction Heartfire had originally been heading, the ice-encased mare smiles. “Shall I join you, then?” It wasn’t really a question, for Kora means to join her regardless. After all, the mare intrigues her – for all their outward coolness, she gets the impression that perhaps the feeling is mutual.

What might become of such mutualism remains to be seen.

kora

vanished winterchild of riagan and rayelle

@[Heartfire] hope it's okay to wrap up here for the sake of catching up timelines! if you feel like replying please do, but otherwise we can pretend they go off and start brewing mischief <333

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any - by Kora - 01-09-2019, 01:26 PM