• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any

Her vibrant eyes are keenly observant as she studies her pale counterpart. It should be odd, to know this stranger’s story without having been there to see it. To live it. But it is an oddity she had long ago grown accustomed to. Sometimes she wonders how it must be to others though. To know that nothing they ever do is truly private. Such gifts are not common, perhaps, but they are certainly not unheard of.  Even her own past is vulnerable, though it is a rare creature who would truly care to look.

Still, her awareness of such things is ever-present. And that has led her to live life differently than she might otherwise have. Who would she have become, if she’d been able to have faith in equine-kind?

They’re impossible imaginings of course, but sometimes she does wonder. Would she have been like Kora? Still ended up here in spite of everything?

She notices how easily the woman side-steps her question, but she does not push. Choosing instead to tilt her head slightly, lips twitching faintly in wry amusement. There are other ways to find out what she needs. Still, she thinks perhaps this woman actually knows how to parlay. To mince words in the same way that she so often does. It could prove to be immensely entertaining. Or immensely dangerous, depending on how one might consider it.

“I suppose you should.” She answers the question easily, one ear flicking atop her head, as though she suffers a mild boredom. Avoiding the bait too obviously placed before her. If she asked a question, perhaps she would answer. Perhaps she would not. But she is not so foolish as to spill her story without prompting. That begged oversharing. And in the right ears, those words (that knowledge) could be… problematic.

Her trust has always been earned, never freely given.

She listens dispassionately to her mention of a sick brother. Kora sounds no more impassioned than she feels, and she finds that curious. She makes a plea on behalf of her brother, yet appears as though she has very little care for him. Heartfire wonders then, just how far she would actually push to help this brother of hers. “Perhaps,” she offers noncommittally. She could help him. Or rather, she has the pull to get someone here who could help. But the real question is, would she? “Tell me though, why should I help him?”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Any - by Heartfire - 12-13-2018, 09:41 AM