• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Friends with the Monsters [Any]

Cursed with an eternity by the hands of the God who's kingdom has now risen from the depths, I wade in the sea salt waters.  Watching. Waiting.  They go about their lives, these mortals, unknowing that I am here.  And in this lies my true curse, an outsider. Forever.

I am anything but beautiful, though one has thought I was from time to time.  Someone as broken on the inside as me.  The sea monster had wished to cherish me for all time.  Allowing me free reign of all the trinkets he kept hidden from the world.  There was a time I thought I was his favorite.  But all good things must end.  I haven't seen Maugrim in years, and now that our underwater world home has surfaced I am left to roam the wide open oceans.  I had tried to stop it, by burning that bayed stallion as he and the hoard rushed to save the sick land.  But I had failed.

Death to me was a beacon.  Often it called to me and so I am come.  I had been present when my mother -God curse her soul- gave birth to a colt on the Loess coast.  I had seen her battle to live as her shifted form for months.  Waiting patiently for the day that would be her demise.  I could feel it, the terrible thing that was consuming her from the inside.  Slowly killing her and eating away at her insides.  It was quite marvelous to watch actually, the way the child ate through the dams body, when she washed up along the shores.

As quick as it happened, the foal found its footing and fled.  Shortly after, a dappled stallion came to inspect the carcass of our mother that was barely recognizable.  Such a pity, that golden child surviving.  And what has become of him now, my youngest brother?  Only time would tell.

So with conflict I rise from my ghostly form in the waters.  Stepping onto Pangea soil and breathing its sick air.  A mass of tentacles cling to my ashy hide in a squirming curtain of mane.  My tail, the same barbed mass, is nearly red against my sabino form.  The fiery eyes -of my father- scan the land with displeasure.  There is a lifetime worth of stories and they all seemed to stem from this unholy land.  And it all started with her parents, a sibling coupling that had a hunger for despair...  

Dynast
    Friends with the Monsters

Messages In This Thread
    Friends with the Monsters [Any] - by Dynast - 11-28-2018, 04:02 PM
    RE: Friends with the Monsters [Any] - by Yidhra - 11-28-2018, 06:31 PM
    RE: Friends with the Monsters [Any] - by Dynast - 11-29-2018, 05:13 PM
    RE: Friends with the Monsters [Any] - by Yidhra - 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM