• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev
    Briella
    your eyes are lined in pain, black tears don't hide in rain

She has pain in places where he body has stretched: legs that ache and all the damning soreness of age come too quickly. Briella wobbles and yet? She is supported as Dovev rushed and preens- as he supports her weight and she can feel the familiar bones and blood… the warmth. “There was a moment when the shadows opened up and I felt something change,” she blinks- peering at Heartfire and Dovev with those wide pale blue eyes. “Suddenly my legs were long, I felt less clumsy; but more so. It hurts so much. I don’t what’s happening but everything feels different.”

Heartfire is right, she’s growing- she’s changing, rapidly at that.

“Growing? I… I hadn’t… there was no aging in the Beyond- in the Void.” she pauses, thinking about the reality, no longer was she touched by the magic of the void: by the preservation and loss of time. Glancing up at her would-be-parents she glances to the children and blinks.

The Twins are small and soft, young and she feels a bubbling warmth in her, staggering forward and approaching Dagen first. She is sloppy in the way she musses his hair, sniffs and kisses his forehead: ruffling between the ears and almost immediately does the same for Brazen: even with her rambling and wild stories.

As if driven by impossible pain, she steps away though, slowly leaning downing and resting. “It just keeps hurting.” she murmurs, half-asleep from physical exhaustion.

Until, she passes out.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Dovev - by Briella - 12-21-2018, 10:41 PM