• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish
    Dizzy didn’t know what she’d expected. But somehow it hadn’t been the way he looked at her, purple-flecked eyes heavy with desolation for a long moment before he looked away. Came in close to give the girls each a kiss, to give her a look she couldn’t read beyond empty and hurt and the gaping distance between them even though their bodies were right next to each other. Close enough to reach out and touch, but he didn’t. And maybe that said it all. He turned his head just enough to look at Dov too, then...then left.

She couldn’t blame him. Not after how badly she’d hurt him, and how much worse she must have hurt him with Defy. But she couldn’t warn him about something she didn’t know, and her little man had come out of nowhere, born on the heels of torture and agony, her little guiding light in the darkness. He’d saved her. Dragged her back from the edge of despair with those perfect black eyes of his, so much like his daddy’s. And she couldn’t bring herself to regret anything about him, not even the hurt his existence caused Zor. Maybe that made her a terrible person. A terrible sister? No, she’d crossed that bridge a long time ago.

She sighed, brushing more soft little kisses to her daughters’ necks, holding them close. If he needed space, she wouldn’t push. They’d have to talk though, sooner or later. The girls should know the truth. Zoe should know the truth, and it wouldn’t take much figuring, looking at her little brother. Looking at her father. Maybe they could put that part off for a little while, but it would be better coming from them.

There was, though, something just as important. “Girls,” she said softly, still fussing over their pretty hair and holding onto them. “There’s someone I want you to meet.” She glanced up at Dov, meeting his eyes, worrying at the inner corner of her lip. They hadn’t had any time to prepare for a baby brother, but here he was, right in front of them, sneaky as little Zoe had been.

“Girls, this is your baby brother, Defy. He snuck up on us, the little imp. If I’d known he was coming I’d have told you sooner. Defy, baby, these are your big sisters we were telling you about.” She touched her lips to Zynnie’s shoulder. “This is Zynistra, but we usually call her Zynnie.” And to Zoe’s. “And this is Dizorien, but we mostly call her Zoe. You wanna come say hi, baby?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish - by Disastardly - 12-27-2018, 06:23 PM