• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish
    “Daddy!”

The second Defy saw his daddy coming home, his black eyes lit up and he raced away from Momma’s side and barreled straight into him, rubbing his face against Daddy’s shoulder and cuddling up tight as Daddy nuzzled him and fussed over his wings and kissed his stars. “Did you see?!” he asked, flaring his wings to show off the barest hint of new feathers coming in, just little prickles so far, almost completely indiscernable from when Daddy had left to go find the strangers, but Momma promised they’d be feathers soon! “Look, they’re growin’! Just like Momma said! You think I’ll be able to fly soon?!”

He beamed up and then reeeached to sneak a kiss to Daddy’s cheek. “I missed you! The whole time you were gone, a whole stupid lot. You gonna stay and play with me for a while?” And if he maybe blithely ignored the strangers, well, who could blame him? His daddy was hoooome! And fussin’ over him and payin’ attention to him, and that was the best thing ever.

Daddy stopped fussin’ over him long enough to call for somebody else though, and Defy glanced back at Momma to make sure she was okay, ‘cause obviously it was his job to protect her and keep her safe, and he didn’t know the people Daddy’d brought home with him, even if duh of course Daddy wasn’t gonna bring nobody who’d hurt Momma. Still. He looked back at her, and--hey! What the hell though?!

“Hey!” he protested, eyes wide with dismay and offense. “No, but! That’s my momma!” He looked up at Daddy with a nervous, indignant little snort, and his ears flickered back uncertainly. Momma and Daddy’d both said something about sisters and shit, but he didn’t really have much idea what that all entailed, and certainly hadn’t realized it would mean she’d be kissing and cuddling and fussing over somebody who was very, very not him. Let alone two whole somebodies!

“Daddy! They’re stealin’ Momma! Do we fight ‘em?” he asked, shifting back and forth on restless, anxious feet. They could take ‘em! Especially with Daddy on his side. But Momma seemed to like them or something? So maybe not? Ugh he did not like this at all. A tight knot of stress and loud unhappiness made his insides clench and his brow furrow, and he looked up at his daddy again, asking with almost panicked eyes what he should do.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish - by Defy - 12-10-2018, 03:59 AM