• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish
    Of the three of them, Dizzy was probably in the best shape for this trek. Defy was still so little that traveling for a long time wore him out, and Dov, stubborn though he was, was suffering badly with the illness that had taken hold of him. Any time he looked like he was pushing himself too hard (which was always) and she thought she could get away with it (less often), she suggested they take a little break for Defy’s sake. And their sweet boy was happy to play up his exhaustion anytime it came up.

And it was a long damn trip.

Dizzy didn’t mind, though. Maybe a new place could mean a fresh start. Dov would come through and find the girls, even if she hated adding to the list of reasons he couldn’t (wouldn’t) stay in one place and let his body get some rest. She could’ve found them. Probably would’ve been able to find them more easily, knowing their safe places and all. But Dov would’ve had to worry about them too then, and it would’ve been more work getting them all herded into the same place. And there was Defy to worry about. She didn’t want him getting sick, didn’t want to push him harder than his little body could handle.

So off to Island Resort they went.

The swim was the worst, only because once they started, they couldn’t really stop ‘til they got there. There was no handy rest spot midway, no cute little sandbar to stand on and take a breather. And god, he was so little. Dov coaxed him through it, and she did her best to help him along too, but there was only so much they could do and he had to manage the rest. Maybe if it’d gotten any worse, they could’ve carried him between the two of them somehow.

Honestly, she was considering it when Dov reached out and brushed against her shoulder. Her worried eyes met his, and she breathed easy again. He wouldn’t let anything happen to their boy. They’d make it across okay. She brushed her lip against his neck between two plate of armor, his blood washing away in the water, staining her lips for just a moment before the sea stole it away. Seemed like she always only ever got a moment when it came to him. Still, she smiled at him, offering reassurance that she was okay, and between the two of them they got their boy across the water.

He sprawled out, breathing hard, and Dov fussed over him and praised him and basically stole her damn heart all over again with how fuckin’ cute he was with their boy. And then he turned to fuss over her, and she blushed just a little at the attention, sneaking soft little kisses to his shoulder, his neck as she checked him over in turn. Worn out and exhausted but stubborn as fuck, that was her Dov, and he had a job to do, huh? So she nodded. “Okay, baby. We’ll be here when you find them.”

Defy nodded up at his Daddy. “I love you too, Daddy,” he panted, still catching his breath. “Take the best care of Momma. Best team ever, you an’ me.” He grinned, exhausted as he was, and reached up to nudge his daddy’s nose. “Gotta come back quick though, ‘kay?” Held out his wings that were still covered in nothing but baby down, much to his endless dismay. “Gonna have real feathers soon, I bet, you gotta be back an’ see me fly!”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish - by Disastardly - 11-24-2018, 02:06 PM