• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  eternity will never be enough for me | carwyn, karat, any
    Jhene remains entirely oblivious to the change in Magnus’ demeanor. Even if she had been close enough to see the subtle shift of his face or the displeasure in his gaze, the palomino has not seen such things before and would be unable to recognize them for what they are. The incredulity in his tone though? That she catches. Her head tilts as he asks, and there a furrow appears in her brow. She’s never come to any kingdom before, and makes no claim to understanding their protocol. The mare knows that Karat had been in Ischia at one point, and offering her a position in order to return had seemed perfectly reasonable to her.

It is clear that Magnus disagrees.

Karat does as well, it seems, her movement closer to Carwyn stopping rather abruptly. Jhene’s roan companion attempts to smooth things over, but the grey and lavender mare seems unswayed. Knowing little more than what she’s been told, the palomino mare is forced to draw her own conclusions based on what has been said by the steel-voiced mare. “You’ll come back to Ischia only if you can rule it?” She asks, searching for clarity amidst the words, a common behavior for a creature who has only her ears to rely on.

Her lack of diplomatic experience is showing (though she can’t know it), but Jhene has never wanted to be a diplomat, just a herd mare. She has that – in most ways – in Ischia. It become even more apparent when she says aloud: “You must rule Tephra then? Otherwise why would you be living here?” The words are mostly her musings, questions as hypothetical as Magnus’ inquire as to whether Jhene and Carwyn’s mission is a common one. The palomino mare is unbothered by this discovery she has made and her smile doesn’t fade.

“I’ve known Ivar for years.” She tells the lavender mare who warns her away from them, all the while wearing the scars of multiple drowning and a more recent mark on her shoulder than Karat’s. “He’s perfectly safe.” There are advantages to the kelpie’s hypnosis, after all. His victims are either dead or without memory. “But I understand. I suppose we should go back?” She directs that last to Carwyn, stretching her wings slightly from her shoulders. Flying here had been out of the question, but it is faster, and when she return to the island she can land in the water, where she need not see a perfect landing spot.

@[Magnus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: eternity will never be enough for me | carwyn, karat, any - by Jhene - 12-04-2018, 08:25 AM