• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  eternity will never be enough for me | carwyn, karat, any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

It becomes immediately clear to him that he is not dealing with the average diplomatic visit.

Both of the mares are kind and well-spoken, but brazen in attempting to snag a member of his kingdom out from under him. His gold-flecked eyes widen slightly as he listens to their proposal, tilting his head slightly toward the mare who stills by his side, before sliding it back to the mare who seems more of the ringleader in this scenario. His smile still remains on his face, lop-sided but ultimately kind, but there is more of steel beneath it, his displeasure with the encounter clear in his glint in his eyes.

“Do you often come to other kingdoms, asking to take away their members so boldly?”

He snorts, shaking his head and then laughing, slightly incredulous by the abnormality of the situation, as if it was wholly normal. He opens his mouth again, a confused laugh spilling before he dismisses them almost entirely, turning his head toward Karat and studying her for a moment.

“I do not speak for you, obviously, and should this be your decision, I would support it,” he says softly, remembering how distressed she had been when he had seen her come back from Ischia previously. Still, he reaches out to touch the ink of his muzzle to her neck, his voice softened.

“But if you do not want this, just say the word.”

He withdraws his touch and then turns back to the two mares, falling quiet and letting his unhappiness simmer, smoldering with a barely checked rage and desire to banish them from these shores entirely.

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Carwyn]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: eternity will never be enough for me | carwyn, karat, any - by magnus - 12-02-2018, 09:54 PM