• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wanna be there when it's set in stone; daemron, birthing

she'll lie and steal and cheat and beg you from her knees
    make you thinks she means it this time

If she was by anyone but him, she doesn’t think she would be able to do this. She doesn’t think that she would be able to stay, to feel roots beginning to spread into the ground, beginning to sink below the earth. She would have taken flight by now, exhausted or not. She would have found herself flying, feet barely touching the soil, skimming over it all as she fled—as she has always fled. But she cannot run from him, cannot run from these children who have so quickly become a part of her, and she breathes deeply.

“‘It does run in the family,’” she parrots, teasing even as fatigue settles into her bones. She reaches out to nip him, although the effort is half-hearted at best. “I was as big as a whale and you couldn’t be sure.” She rolls her deep blue eyes but settles cozily into his side, barrel expanding and falling as her breathing begins to get a little deeper, a little more rhythmic. “Next time, you can carry the twins,” she murmurs.

Her smile widens a little as her lashes begin to flutter down, brushing against the edges of her cheekbones. “Wonder,” her voice wraps around the word lovingly, tasting it and finding it beautiful. “She is our little wonder.”  The children curl up at her feet and she smiles down at them before leaning more heavily against Daemron, her nerves soothed by his reassurance. “You should make sure there are some wolves to watch over them,” she whispers sleepily, already finding the pack as natural as he.

“Just in case.”

A sigh tinged by some sorrow, an echo of the ache in her bones.

"Red. Red should be here to watch over them."

Sleep begins to claim her, tying into her body and lengthening her breathes. For several moments, there is nothing but silence amongst the family, nothing but the sound of their breaths and the bodies as they shuffle and settle next to one another. When it grows quiet once more, she presses her cheek into his neck. “I love you,” the words, still so rare, as precious as gemstones, are passed from her lips into his flesh and then she exhales slowly, letting sleep claim her and trusting the wolf to watch out for all of them.

she'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
    but I still love her, I don't really care

i thought this would be a good place to tie this thread up. i was thinking we could do a pyxis / daemron thread and a brigade / wonder thread or any combination (ex: if dad and daughter want to go on an adventure). <3

@[Lydia] & @[jenger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wanna be there when it's set in stone; daemron, birthing - by pyxis - 12-11-2018, 01:45 AM