• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i feel a bad moon rising
    Ahead of me, the broad sweep of the land lies green and lush. As far as the eye can see, the gently rolling hills are covered with the pampas grass that has given this place its name. The pale white tops bob in the same gusty wind that ruffles the feathers of my wings. Those I hold loosely around my body, still adjusting to the strangeness of my empty belly, and at the reminder I glance down.

There, just drifting off to sleep after a morning of soar-and-canter, is the fair-haired prince. He holds one cloudy wing against his side but the other is splayed out where he'd collapsed and I reach down to tuck it in more neatly. The soft warmth of maternal love is overwhelming but in a way that only causes me to smile happily down at my little boy. He is perfect in every way, I think, from his fluttering eyelids all the way down to his striped hooves.

It is easy to pretend that this quiet life we live is our real one, and not some odd getaway. The land beneath my hooves belongs neither to me nor my husband, and the land that does belong to him is unreachable. This is not a predicament I have found myself in before, and it feels odd.

I have Wolfbane's favor as well as his love - he had called me his Queen in front of the assembled Southern lands - but I have no authority. To be reminded of this (as I have so recently been) brings an uncomfortable feeling to my chest. The Loessians I know are not here with us, and those that have come are unfamiliar.

Where is Kaurma? And who is the splashed mare who eyes my husband with bald lust when she thinks I cannot see? I was prepared for the shadow-dwelling wraith but I am uncertain how to deal with the stranger whose purple hair I had once pulled from between my husband's feathers.

These thoughts bring a scowl to my face and I force my attention elsewhere. Instead I scan the horizon with storm grey eyes. Good timing indeed; I lock eyes with someone who has just crested a nearby rise.

@[Anyone]
    @[Kaurma or Electra maybe? since she thought about them but no pressure!]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-23-2018, 05:33 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Delta - 11-24-2018, 10:30 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-24-2018, 02:17 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Delta - 11-24-2018, 04:54 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-24-2018, 08:03 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Delta - 11-25-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-25-2018, 01:06 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Kaurma - 11-26-2018, 08:27 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-27-2018, 08:25 AM