• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    One for All [Phasus]
    Of course I agree, but it's so much more complex than just that. Don't you agree? The black male had a notion to eagerly agree so as to continue the mutual tone of their conversation. Alas, that would hardly help to reconcile the original miscommunication(s). Instead, the desert-bred steed maintains his sincere expression. His entire focus; alert ears and bright aquamarine eyes, rest upon the lady in anticipation of her next words. If his body language did not clearly indicate that she held his attention with every word, Jesper offers a verbal indication as well. "Please go on, Phasus."

He remains respectfully silent as she explains, to further demonstrate his sincerity. He could hardly be sure which station her train of thought would end up in; however, Jesper refrains from analyzing any more until she falls silent. If there is one thing he picks up on while paying attention to her pretty words, it is the manner in which she says them. The winged, roan mare is clearly enjoying this conversation. Whether she actually enjoys his company, the mutual conversation or, just hearing herself talk, is still to be determined.

He takes one more moment before his maw parts, allowing passage to the words that had been brewing. "I really appreciate you going into such detail. I have to admit, your use of the word 'experiment' left a bad taste in my mouth. I could not get on board with making decisions based solely on your personal curiosities. However, a failsafe land sounds a bit more practical. I am just not sure the Nerinians want  the North to be it. On a personal level, I am not entirely sure I could get behind it either. If my long-lost love were to find her way back to me - here, after a few years - I could not, in good conscious turn her away again. She nursed me back to health when I was at my worst and, I would do the same for her, without a second thought." His poll drops his whiskered muzzle to hover just above the frozen ground as Jesper wallows a moment in his own grief. Tufted, bronze-tipped ears flop sideways and sorrow creases his delicately etched features.

He lingers here to deliver the full effect of his loss before, slowly, he brings his aquamarine gaze up to level with hers. The majority of the grief and sorrow have left his facial expression but linger in his tone. He speaks again, resuming his previously sincere tone though, now it bears a somberness. "I have not been one to doubt the fairies. They have never led me astray and, in fact, have always given me the resources I need to grow. I, also, do not think the fate of Beqanna is ours to determine. We are mere pawns in the grand scheme. If the fairies need, or want, our help, they will ask. On the subject of the Nerinians who have put their name in for the leadership bid, I understand why you might think one is acting selfish. We all have personal motives. As I said before, I believe there was a miscommunication amongst all involved. Whether Nerine made her intentions clear is a whole other issue but, please consider that we all have gifts. Each and every one of us has something to bring to the table and, if we are to survive, we work best together."

What can he say, except, Jesper likes to hear himself talk as much as the lady does. Though, he does not purr. He feels as though he had exhausted his diplomatic points and wanted to leave the floor open to any other thoughts or, considerations Phasus had. He hopes that she does not feel utterly defeated following his words as they were not intended as a battering ram. Rather, he hoped to bring forth consideration that while Nerine may not share her thoughts, perhaps they could meet on some common ground in the middle.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Phasus]
    I am so sorry for the delay. I know you had a brief away but, I do not like to be behind. I completely understand if you need any more time. And, I hope I did not kill this thread Wink

Messages In This Thread
    One for All [Phasus] - by Jesper - 11-17-2018, 09:23 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Phasus - 11-19-2018, 03:45 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Jesper - 11-23-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Phasus - 11-28-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Jesper - 12-18-2018, 07:11 AM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Phasus - 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM