• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    One for All [Phasus]
    Aquamarine gaze continues to study the winged, roaning black. Her facial expression clearly belays her disgust for the menu on the Isle. Her body language indicates her every desperate attempt to soak in the weak sunrays. To himself, Jesper wonders, why would she choose to stay here - let alone lead - if she does not enjoy what the land has to offer? Bronze-tipped lobes point towards the mare and, jawline stays loose. Every aspect of his body language conveys his warm, diplomatic nature. Rubbery labrums curve into a friendly smile as the Arabian-bred stallion waits for the lady to speak.

Ah, she has a name. Phasus. Jesper rolls the two-syllable title around in his thinker-box before he offers a bob of his poll in a formal gesture of greeting. He then, uses his own body to block the wind from piercing her pelt. It is the gentleman-like thing to do and, a good faith measure on his intentions. I didn't expect to hear from anyone seeking a diplomatic conclusion to all of this. He listens to the mare's admission and, contemplates how to proceed. He thought it low of her to assume that Nerine, and her allies, would be against a discussion. That the thought might not have even crossed their minds. He thought her comment might imply that Nerine has a reputation for/is known as a war-hungry nation. Jesper wants to stamp his hoof in disagreement. He wants to display how frustrated her words make him. And, to top it off, she wants him to speculate on how willing she is to talking things out. What sort of a question is that? This is all a mind game!

Jesper takes his time to conjure the right words and, decides upon a sigh as his way of expressing his inner grievances all while keeping a political agenda. He must watch what he does and says from here on out. He breaks the silence and, the inevitable ice with a light chuckle and, the following, spoken in a light tone. "It is a shame I was not there sooner, to avoid all of this." He falls silent and permits his half-hearted joke to marinate for a moment.

When he continues, his tone is far more sincere. "I will openly admit that we Nerinians - whether by pledge or association - are very protective of, and loyal to, our own. Our origins are deeply entwined and, routed in shared principles and values. Perhaps, you met so much resistance because it was not made clear who you are or, what your intentions are? I believe there has been a miscommunication regarding each other's motivations. I can speak for my comrades in saying this, we wish to secure a place safe from the plague to move our nears and dears. I certainly hope that is something we agree upon." Jesper hopes to offer the mare as much floor space as possible. This is a discussion after all. Thusly, he allows her the quiet time to reflect on what has been said.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Phasus]

Messages In This Thread
    One for All [Phasus] - by Jesper - 11-17-2018, 09:23 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Phasus - 11-19-2018, 03:45 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Jesper - 11-23-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Phasus - 11-28-2018, 09:32 PM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Jesper - 12-18-2018, 07:11 AM
    RE: One for All [Phasus] - by Phasus - 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM