• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here we are in the heart of the darkness; Briella
    Briella
    your eyes are lined in pain, black tears don't hide in rain

He speaks of rest, and Merry demonstrates an excitement for her abilities that Briella is unfamiliar with: still her focus lays on the strange food- the sweet but oily interior and all the flavor it presents. Hunger wracks her stomach, and she listens: but lifts her head to slowly stalk forward towards Cimmerian and Ether. They wrap around one another like serpents, like wolves, and like great cats: skin to skin and shadow to shadow- their darkness one in the same and perhaps in a way she is envious; but only of their companionship.

Without explaining what she seeks to do: Briella closes her pale blue eyes, focuses and thinks- allows the glimmering ice in her mane and the frost on her body to suddenly sparkle and glow. The air around her is a vacuum that removes all heat and warmth, and her breath becomes a steamy cloud that billows around her face. At her feet ice itself grows from the sudden draining of energy and as she opens her eyes, Briella steps forward with grace and newfound energy.

Rather than draw back from the darkness she seizes an chance to press her nose against Ether: focusing and fixating as she tries to press the very frigid power into the darkness. Across his skin and through her body- without remorse or hesitation. “I’m going to find a way.” she states, calm and cold- detached from emotion and somehow older; but in an imperceptible way.

Ether’s form is still there but, when she steps back she looks to him and Merry with her ears pressing back as if to observe the reaction. “I asked the Fairies for help, for a way to help people- this is what I was given, and more than ever I know I have to do this. I can’t lose anyone, no one, I watched the Valley and the Chamber crumble into ash and the people I cared for all went into darkness. I’ve spent years, hundreds of years, trapped; but I can help now.”

Pleading in a way, she takes a breath, looking around. “You rest, I’ll go find Dovev.” she sighs, mulling over the moment.

@[Ether]  @[Cimmerian]  @[Officials]
    She tried healing Ether of the Plague.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; Briella - by Briella - 11-29-2018, 02:34 AM