• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    She never once asked him why - why kelpies are so dangerous. It’s not, like she seems to suspect, their teeth or their ability to swim, and breathe underwater - it’s the hypnotic way that they are attractive, making one forget they are capable of drowning someone, luring them in the water. The only reason Chryseis hadn’t been taken in his opinion, was either she was too young to be attracted like that (though, the way she speaks about her boyfriend suggests otherwise) or perhaps the kelpie himself had taken less interest in her still youthful look.

And she thinks him a friend.

Really?” More calm than he is, and she knows it - the same way she speaks in a too-cold way, too. ”He didn’t invite you home? You don’t have the crazy stupid idea to go and follow him at all, some time later? Join him in the water? Friend! You’re too bloody naive for words. Of course he doesn’t outright tell you if he’ll kidnap, fuck and drown you. Doh!”

He shakes his head again, not believing how stupid this girl is. Even stupider than him, he thinks. Although that’s probably, technically not true (he’d followed Deiti everywhere back then), but at this point he can’t find himself to care.

”As for this boyfriend of yours,” he continues flatly, ”Clearly he learned no manners. He doesn’t visit either of your family, so to me that looks lile he doesn’t care - and don’t you use me as an excuse, you never told Breckin or your mother either! Marks like that don’t say ‘I love you’, Chryseis. They say ‘I own you’. Perhaps if he’d ever had he decency to show his face this would have been different. For now, I stand with my decision. He can visit if he wants but you’re not going away from home. Pretend to be an adult all you want, but as long as you don’t convince me, you don’t get the freedom of one. End. Of. Discussion.

A sigh follows, and the roan stallion looks past her, through her, as if her brain might just be lying out there. That would solve everything, but unfortunately, nothing is there. If this Rhae of hers never shows up, then he’ll have to find time to go visit him instead. Get a feel of him - perhaps his little butterfly is indeed the one, but even if she isn’t, he’d better know that breaking her heart will result in the breaking of some, several, or all, bones.

Perhaps she was right that he would be mad at this guy, or perhaps she wasn’t, but by not even telling him about it, she certainly has found that one way to make 100% certain he is indeed, very mad at the boy.

And her. Let’s not forget that, too.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    He has plenty words but he’s not gonna listen to anything else she says probably (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Leilan - 12-18-2018, 01:34 AM