• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    To be honest, Leilan is rather happy to be the father of Chryseis, even if she doesn’t know it. Lucky with her mother not blaming him for her existence, and to have found them again in the river that day. But most of all the girl reminds him of himself so much, it’s easy to predict what she will do if he’s not looking.

Well, most of the time.

She’s still a girl where he grew up a boy and perhaps up until now that didn’t matter, but he’s made painfully aware of this fact, because of the marks on her shoulder. Already claimed by not one, but two stallions, both not giving him the decency to come meet so that he knows they’re serious about it, that she’s not some object to be claimed for any random herd - and that where he was still thinking of her as a young as a young girl.

But she is a teenager now. She could, potentially, find boys her age attractive. Still they shouldn’t use her as some chew-toy. If they wanted her for real, they could come ask him, or at least meet him.

Chryseis talks about Breckin some more - she is, in this aspect, growing up a bit. It’s slightly sad to see her man up, and talk big, when she’s still so young. But of course she wouldn’t see it that way. When he ran away from home himself (granted, triggered by his parents’ deaths), he was even younger, so she probably thinks of herself as an adult.

He stares at her, trying his best to be neutral while she goes through several visible and invisible stages of what’s best called self-loathing and admitting. One of the bites is from a certain Rhae. She’s smart to add that she didn’t do anything with him, and so the scaled roan clenches his jaw and looks at her some more until the rest spills. She seems to have a hard time with it - Leilan’s not sure if it is about Rhae still or about the other bite.

Her nonchalant tone is quite enough intel at this point, and he outright starts glaring. Ivar, he repeats slowly and with emphasis, ”is a real kelpie with really dangerous tricks. Not to mention three or four times your age. And you let him mark you as his prey? Do you want to be his fucking broodmare, Chryseis? Or rather let him drown you? You’re bloody lucky to be alive at all! Do you want to be Rhae’s herdmare for that matter? Sucking it up with some twenty other girls? You’re not some fucking object to be claimed! I won’t have it. In fact, you’re grounded. If this boyfriend of yours wants to visit, first thing he’s gotta do is come see me. And you’re going nowhere near any kelpie again!” Nearly growling now, he pushes past her, making sure to block her path should she try to run elsewhere. ”You’re my daughter and it’s time you started acting like one. That means you tell your family about where you are going, so if you need rescuing, you won’t end up drowning all alone. From now on, you’re to stay here in Nerine or Icicle Isle until I can trust you not to go dying.”

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Leilan - 12-15-2018, 08:19 AM