• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She is far too distracted by her symptoms to notice the way her father is staring at the array of bite marks on her shoulder; the ones inflicted by Ivar and Rhaegor. Neither of them had been out of malice (to her knowledge), and so she has given little thought to them. All she seems to notice now is how heavy her lungs feel, the way it hurts to cough but she can’t seem to keep from doing so, and how her nose constantly drips blood. The smile that she offers her father is a watery one, her eyes still glittering with tears that don’t fall, but she nods her head in somewhat reluctant agreement. ”I guess so,” But he knows her far too well. Not wanting to miss out is exactly why she was like this. Chryseis had never been good at staying in one spot, in being confined by borders and lines; there was always something else happening somewhere else, and it wasn’t the same hearing about it versus living it.

Her lips are mindlessly rubbing against a scaled spot on his shoulder, still fascinated by the strange texture, frowning a little when he mentions that Breckin had been worried. ”I’ll go see her. I’m already sick, I’m sure I won’t get worse.” She says it with a laugh, another bloody cough sputtering from her lips, but she ignores it. She doesn’t know of any other healers, and currently she is accepting her fate as being sick forever.

He mentions her shoulder, and she glances backwards. The bite left by Ivar had been deeper than she originally noticed, and after she had left the river she had found it odd that it seemed only then to ache and throb. Even though it had not bled profusely, it was deep enough to leave a thickened scab that was easily distinguished against her roan coat. Rhaegor’s mark, while also drawing blood, had mainly bruised her skin. It is this one, however, that made her face suddenly feel hot, not daring to tell her father just exactly how she had earned that branding. Somehow, admitting a kelpie had bitten her was a lot less daunting than telling him she had willingly been letting a boy kiss and bite her. ”Umm...yeah, I guess it hurts a little.”

Diverting her eyes, she pretends to study something in the distance, doing everything in her power to ignore the way he is scrutinizing her. When she finally can’t take his relentless stare or the silence anymore she finally sighs, a noisy and flustered sound, knowing that he wasn’t going to let it go. ”Okay, one of the bites is from Rhae, but we didn’t, you know...do anything?” She still refuses to hold his gaze, only flickering her eyes to him nervously now and then. This was absolutely not the conversation she wanted to be having with her father right now. She didn’t even really want to have it with her mother, either. Deciding it would be better to immediately switch the conversation, she adds a bit too nonchalantly, ”The other one is from Ivar. He’s a kelpie, did you know that? But, I don’t have scales like you.” A thought strikes her, tipping her head slightly as she thinks aloud, ”Maybe he wasn’t really a kelpie. Maybe he lied. No, he was covered in scales and had sharp teeth. I’m pretty sure he was a real kelpie.” She nods her head decisively, satisfied with her own convincing, and oblivious to the fact that she had just given her father two reasons to ground her for life. Again.

chryseis

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Chryseis - 12-13-2018, 03:11 AM