• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    She's blaming herself, but he doesn't blame her. Heck, she could have gotten it anywhere. "You'd have missed out on everything else in the world, baby girl." Some risks are worth taking. Like the one he's planning to take (not knowing he's already infected, since he doesn't show, he can only assume that venturing out there is a risk). And so, like she, mentally, didn't blame her boyfriend, he doesn't blame her either.

A vicious cough overcome her again, and he tries not to show her how much it worries him, yet of course, even if she doesn't see it she'll probably feel it. His eyes trail over her body, stopping at her mauled shoulder, a wound still relatively fresh there. In fact, now that he's inspecting it more, there are multiple marks. One sharper toothed - but he sure as hell hadn't - and one more blunt. He's about to say something about it, when she says she misses Breckin, and he nods; pulling her close once more. "She worries about you, since we haven't seen you for a while." His worried glance goes from shoulder back to her eyes when she asks about Brennen, and he nods. "Brennen's the former king of Ischia, he earned a magic trait in the Alliance. All of Ischia moved here, and he's General of Nerine now. If he's not too busy, I'm sure he can help you." he puts confidence in his words, giving the girl a slightly too-wry smile as he realizes he hasn't seen the man around too much. "Or we'll find another healer to ease your pains." he adds, and shrugs.

A deep breath follows. "Your shoulder must be aching, too." he says then. He eyes her a little sternly. Wondering if she's going to tell him now. Was she ever planning to? It's out now, though. She'd better come up with some explanations.

Good grief, he'd never thought he'd have to fear for someone... exactly like himself. But now he does. She deserves better than her mother.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Leilan - 12-08-2018, 08:27 AM