• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

Relief floods through her, like a warm heat that spreads in her veins and all throughout her body as her father pulls her close. Trembling with fever, she nestles her face into his mane, and despite how much she has grown, she still transforms into a little girl when curled into his side. ”I should have gone to the Isle when everyone else did,” she says remorsefully into his shoulder, biting back the tears of self pity that burn in the back of her throat.

There had been a part of her that expected her father to be angry, angry that she had been stupid enough to get sick when could have just stayed in a safe land. She is almost certain she knows who had infected her, but she doesn’t regret it — it wasn’t Rhaegor’s fault, and instead of walking away when she had realized he was ill, she had pulled him closer. She had been sick by the next morning.

Her father had stepped back to speak to her, but she steps back even further as the urge to cough begins to build in her lungs. Her entire chest felt bruised from the force and frequency of her coughing, but she can’t keep it from happening. There is no blood this time, but it is enough to make her eyes water uncontrollably. ”I miss Breckin,” her voice is meek and pathetic, sounding every bit like the sick child she is as the tears spurred by her coughing fit trickle down her cheeks.

Resting her head once more on Leilan’s scaled shoulder, she listens to what he says about Brennen. She doesn’t know him, but she trusts her father; more than she trusts anyone. ”Can he make this cough go away?”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Chryseis - 11-30-2018, 12:16 AM