• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He’ll always regret being caught up by the Isle’s politics, and today will be the worst. It’s a good thing that he never sits still, so even now, or now already, he spends the majority of his time swimming back and forth and checking on both lands. He remembers his promise to Camomila wryly. I’ll probably guard this island as much as I do Nerine - it’s just a matter of if you want to have a say in exactly how I will do that.

The sight of her is such a sorry one, he nearly drops everything he has planned. On the other hand however, it is a reminder of why he needs to continue to do it - despite the growing dreaded feeling he gets from it.

She’s sick. He can see that from this distance, cursed with sight beyond that of a normal horse; but she’s looking. She needs help and she knows it, even if it has possibly taken her as much time to admit that, as he would have. He smiles a little, not knowing if he should be happy or sad that she takes after him so much. He knows she has that same insatiable curiosity, the wanderlust, the will to travel and meet all wonders of the world, and the same reckless way of doing it. She’ll get into trouble sooner rather than later; at least this time it’s something cureable. Or, manageable. In a way.

She holds back when she finds him, but there’ll be no such thing. This Plague can be cured, he thinks, and that’s exactly why he had continued on his quest (once he had realized what the goal was). For his family, he’ll do anything.

He closes the distance while she’s still muttering, whimpering like the little girl she is (she’ll always be his little girl, in his eyes). He doesn’t need to hear the excuses. He has been worrying a little too much about his children’s safety, for him to care if she had been looking for trouble or if the trouble had been looking for her. Instead he grasps her in a hug, not wanting to let go of her and certainly not wanting her to bolt, but then retreats to look at her. ”I’m glad you made it back. But you know Nerine’s no safe place either, and we’re all at risk of catching this illness - so don’t worry, if it’s not you then it will be someone else. Breckin moved to the Isle,” he says, ”Temporary.” he grins at the girl; he doesn’t think she had noticed yet with all her own wanderings and troubles. ”But @[Brennen] is here. Perhaps he’ll have time to attempt a healing.” Surely she would accept that kind of help, now?

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Leilan - by Leilan - 11-24-2018, 05:08 AM