• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just to be alone with you; anyone
    The way she tilts her face is familiar to him. It's a perfect mirror of his own bird-like manner, fixing each other in their monocular sights. 

She was pretty, there's no doubt about it. No one in their right mind would argue it. He blinked, swerved his head to see more of her. Golden as the sand beneath their feet, with fine horns and elegant wings. He was a sucker for pegasi. Probably a vanity thing, or maybe some freudian weirdness. Nothing he cared to look at too hard. But looking at her was no hardship at all. A more genuine smile than he'd worn in a long while softened his expression as she returned his introduction. 

"A pleasure, Jhene." He paused to shift his hold on the unfamiliar surface beneath them. "On a visit, with my brother and sister. More business than pleasure, I'm afraid, but I can't seem to stay away from pleasure long. Hence my wandering." He chuckled at his own poor attempt at a joke, but made no move to get closer to the sand speckled mare. For a perfect stranger, Kwartz was amazed to find that this Jhene already felt more like a sister than his own Karat did sometimes. They certainly had more in common at first glance. 

The lavender stallion was at odds with himself. His first instinct when faced with a lovely creature was to seduce it. Pleasure was the goal of his life, after all. At the moment though, it seemed a better option to just stand idly on the beach talking. What the hell. Readjusting his wings aimlessly, he decided to just go with it. It was a nice day, and while yes, he was supposed to be looking for Krom.... well, what Karat didn't know wouldn't hurt her. 

Resting back on his heels, Kwartz took a languid look at the place. "Lived here long? I can't say island life would ever really be my thing, but at least it's warm." He observed mildly, trying to say something nice about what was probably her home. Really, Tephra would be lovely after this. It was still humid there, but at least the sand was minimal. He'd been here a day,  and there was already sand in his feathers and up his nose and chafing in places that should not chafe. Ever.  

@[Jhene]

Messages In This Thread
    just to be alone with you; anyone - by Jhene - 11-12-2018, 07:46 PM
    RE: just to be alone with you; anyone - by Kwartz - 11-12-2018, 09:00 PM
    RE: just to be alone with you; anyone - by Jhene - 11-14-2018, 07:30 PM
    RE: just to be alone with you; anyone - by Kwartz - 11-16-2018, 11:53 AM
    RE: just to be alone with you; anyone - by Jhene - 11-20-2018, 10:41 AM