• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    pack mentality; wolfbane

My dreams have all come true

Every shifter follows a set of laws determined by nature: other kin are not prey, stick to your territory, and harness control so as to avoid accidents. For individual species the fine print was a bit more elaborate; one whose soul could inhabit dual forms often felt compelled to be ruled by the second animals desires, whether that be a taste for flesh or (in the wolves case) a need for pack. This is why, between the three remaining siblings of Longclaw and Femur, there’d been a pact.

Wolfbane himself can still remember the tense agreement he’d made his sisters promise before they’d all gone on their individual ways, and that same self-styled rule of “if you need me, come to me for help” seemed falsely empty now that the plague had swept in full across Beqanna. How could Bane possibly know if his wards outlasted the chaos? They could be sick, or worse dead, and no rotting corpse that he knew of had ever reanimated to warn him of hindsight.

So when Sawtooth appeared from thin air, lending her elder brother a sharp, tonal bark in lieu of greeting, the Pirate Lord swept around to drink in the vision of her night-black shape with an impossibly wide grin. Glinting in the winter sun, dancing a few short feet ahead to lamely avoid her attack on his sapphire hind legs, and then twisting around to shake a stiff mane while gusts of excited snorts rattled up his nostrils, the last son of the old warg of Tephra replied, “It came with a keeper and everything.” As if this was something inconsequential and expected. Noah’s arrival and claim meant less work for Wolfbane, and he had no problem turning the land over to her deft hands in word and deed alike.

On the upside this granted the Loessians and remaining Sylvians an uncontested home to call a safe haven, until the disease blew over. Sawtooth’s elder sibling felt that with her arrival also came hope - that more would eventually trickle in and among them would be Dayé. Didn’t hurt to ask though, “Have you seen Dayé? I assumed you two had slipped away together but I’ve been known to make horrible assumptions.” The striped stallion questioned, drawing nearer to look down at the she-wolf. Her coat seemed glossy and perhaps a bit thicker, due to the cold weather, and if he had to guess by look alone he could swear she’d grown exponentially. Time was stealing his baby sister’s youth away just like it’d done to his lion-hearted ranger.

A sigh escapes him then, something of a habit the male pegasus couldn’t seem to shake during these past few days of constant upheaval.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Sawtooth] um yes hello, this is amazing and ties into what he was going to ask Titus to help him with: a flying search party <3 you read my plot mind Big Grin
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 11-12-2018, 09:49 AM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-12-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 11-18-2018, 11:50 AM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-23-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 12-12-2018, 12:39 PM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 12-22-2018, 05:17 AM