• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  if i go out, it's my fuckin way; megz
    The fever came and went. Along with it, his ability to keep track of time. What is real and what is a hallucination. When he's asleep or awake. He should have guessed drinking from the river in this god awful place would make things worse, but he had been so thirsty. He didn't remember when he'd lost Dovev. One minute, he'd thought he was right beside him, and the next, he'd awoken and the bone man was gone. Zor called for him, and sometimes he thought he'd answered, but the fever would take him and he was left only in darkness.

His body aches all over. He's cold and hot all at the same time. A thin sheen of sweat gives his gold and white coat a sickly shimmer. He's losing weight. Everything seems toxic here, including the grass. Currently, at least for now, he is on his feet and moving. A cool breeze flows over the land, and he shivers. He hates the way he feels, wishes he had never come here. Has to get out. Find Dov. Dizzy, and his baby girls. He hopes they aren't suffering the same fate as he. Should never have left them. His fault. All his fault.

Through the awful haze in his mind, his eyes scan ahead. Has to blink away the blurriness. Doesn't work, shakes his head. Tries to focus. Several yards away, a body lays on the ground. Diseased and weak. Black, bone-white. He coughs in an attempt to clear his lungs. Stumbles. Oh, this has to end. Will it get worse? Kill him? No, he can't die. His girls need him. He needs..

Dov's scent reaches his nose, and he hones in on it. Back to the body laid out. A mare stands near him. A growl rumbles from his lips, the first sound from him in he doesn't know how long. He doesn't care who she is, only focuses on the man on the ground. He seems to know he's there, calls for him. Zor moves in with ears flattened against his black hair caked to his neck, head lowered and teeth bared at the female who feels the need to keep touching that which is not hers.

He growls again before he reaches Dov, pressing his muzzle to the stars behind his ear. "Dovev. You have to get up." His tone is low and deep as he breathes warmth into Dov's skin. "We can't stay here." His teeth scrape against skin, and he lifts his head, eyeing the girl once more. "We need to go. Now." She could include herself in that 'we' if she wanted, he supposes. Just now, he doesn't care. Only concerns himself with trying to get his friend up. He meant it. Feels that every moment they stay here makes the sickness worse. Lowering his head once more, he shoves at Dovev until he gets some response. "Get. Up. We have to move." His eyes jump to the painted girl again, who might be attractive if he had the mind to pay attention to that right now. He glares as if to say 'why aren't you helping?' and goes back to nudging the bone man. "Up." He insists. Won't settle for less. He would figure a way to carry him out if he must.

Messages In This Thread
    if i go out, it's my fuckin way; megz - by Dovev - 11-11-2018, 03:29 PM
    RE: if i go out, it's my fuckin way; megz - by Zoryn - 11-18-2018, 10:28 PM