• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  [Any] lets make a fast plan, watch it burn to the ground

she's no saint but she'll take you to your knees
    try her boy but she'll still do what she please

Young and naive, she understands little of the jest- but her tiny ears swivel and interest remains on the very girl in front of her. Freshly exposed to the world she’s not aware of how the metal formed this shape, how Kreation has come to be; but she is, and for that enough Segolene is accepting of the reality before her. She sniffs, politely, but does not find the metallic tang unpleasant nor the touch of sulfur likely lingering from the very volcano she’d come from. Radiant heat- if any, deters her strictly because a primal instinct in her mind says that it may burn; but Segolene is curious enough to weave around and wander, to walk between the overly tall and long legs of her mother like some sort of young jaguar.

The world, to her, smells new: it’s every flower and tree a thing to be explored. Yet she is not impolite and so she stays close to Aysel and Kreation, aware of her mother’s interest in the child. Patient she waits, but before Aysel can speak she does interrupt. “Kree… aye… shun.” she sounds it out, making sure to elaborate on syllables and sounds: the tiny nostrils flaring and her eyes widening as she confirms it. “Kreation, pretty. Look mama, she’s purple- like a flower!” quick to point out the wilf clover patches and other plants Segolene trots about- studying her own limbs in an almost spidery fashion.

“Why am I not purple? Why aren’t you purple?” she questions and Aysel sighs deeply. The Elder mare lifting her head and noting the way her daughter tangles herself in her own spindly limbs and tumbles here or there- always getting up and walking back.

Aysel is not cruel, not cold; but she speaks with a romantic-accent and lilt, with subtle rolls and curves of her consonances. “Because your father is a very pretty golden brown, and I am red. Neither of us are purple darling… don’t be discouraged though. Everyone has their differences and traits- abilities.” she shrugs, brushing the girls forelock as Segolene trots back and places herself beside her mother. To Kreation she minds the question, nodding deeply at the girl and allowing her dark blue eyes to soften as she speaks up.

“I met Krom briefly, but to my knowledge they have left the area but the region. If they left you behind I am certain it was for safety and for the necessary time to make sure your growth was complete. There is an unfortunate plague outside of this place. Tephra is safe, as is the Island not far from us, so you’ve no worry about contracting anything here.” she is poignant but not harsh, more calm and steady: watching the girl with interest in her but no evident malice or anything… if anything, she seems maternal to her.

“My arrival to Tephra has been more recent, I stayed once upon a time in the Amazon territory during the reigns of Asylum and Prague some years ago, perhaps centuries. Sadly I never got the chance to really meet your family outside of a brief encounter. I am certain like everyone they have their charms and their inconveniences.” curt and with mind the to filly at her side, Aysel glances back to nip playfully at her, stopping her biting her mother’s tail.

It occurs to her she is unknown to the child, a name never spoke and with some quickness she seeks to remedy this. “My daughter has named herself first, it seems I am slipping on my manners. My name is Aysel, and you are delightfully well spoken Kreation.”

Aysel

@[Kreation]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Any] lets make a fast plan, watch it burn to the ground - by Aysel - 12-01-2018, 12:48 AM