• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wantingly longed for your touch; Ivar

And inside you're burning
    with some secret yearing

Her gaze never wavers, silver eyes following each subtle movement he makes, dancing across the point of each tooth when he yawns. Rather than repelling her, it stirs her curiosity, inspires her to wonder at what beast parlays so subtly around a mouthful of such carnivorous teeth. It’s very clear he has more thought than simply feasting (she has seen those beasts before, and she has never had a great deal of interest in them).

Still he moves close, despite the hesitation that glimmers in the air around him. He couldn’t know she could see the way his emotions swirl like thoughts around his body, but still, instinctually, he seemed to know she is more than just a lovely face and a handful of glittering stars.

It’s an easy thing to mistake. So often they only see what they wish to. The beauty on the surface, the glamour of the her light. They mistake her, and she lets them. She has never doubted her own allure, has so often used it to her advantage. But it is always that much delightful when they recognize her as something beyond a vapid and vain creature (even if some small, surface part of that is still true).

He is almost near enough to touch now, though she doesn’t reach out. Instead she allows her gaze to linger, to ephemerally caress the curve of his cheek and the bridge of his nose. “I look forward to it,” she replies coquettishly, eyes lifting to find his, that coy smile still edging her lips. “Perhaps you’ll even convince me to stay, when you do.”

It’s a lie, of course. She doesn’t think she could ever be convinced to stay in one place for more than a few nights. But she does very much look forward to his attempt.

Lirren

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wantingly longed for your touch; Ivar - by Lirren - 01-02-2019, 02:22 PM