• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - kora

look at the stars,

look how they shine for you

The snow passes through Rhy as though it doesn't exist -- or maybe as though she doesn't exist. But she's still here; it's mom and dad who are gone. They're gone, and we are all that's left. Us, and a brother we've never even met.

Once the snow has stopped (the world made painfully stark again), a part of me clings to Rhy's words like a lifeline -- not for myself, but for them. Like the fact that we could see them again meant that they weren't actually dead. But they are, another part of me whispers. I shudder. “Then we need to go back.” My chin lifts a fraction of an inch, the ice pulsing through me and replacing my heartbeat.

I step close, perhaps the closest we've ever been -- because right now, we need each other like never before. I search her face, where I glimpse things both familiar and unknown. “You'll get us there.” And although it had never been a question of whether or not she could bring us back across the divide, I find myself murmuring, “I trust you.” Maybe what I'd meant to say was, I love you -- maybe she'd know.

With tears threatening to resurface, I break our gaze with a shake of my dished head. “They were going to come back to Beqanna, Rhy, I swear. I — I'm so sorry they never did.” My voice wavers and I stop, turning to her. She looked so much like them. Slowly, I find myself reaching for her with my muzzle, though I pause when I'm quite close to her own -- I'll always remember the Flash. But then I press forward. I close the distance between us. For the first time since we were born, I choose contact with my sister. In that moment, all I know is that I want to forget the fear. I want to comfort her, and I want to be comforted.

More than anything, I don't want this to be something we have to bear alone.

kora

the winter girl of riagan and rayelle

sorry it took so long >_< if you want to continue this in afterlife then I'm game!

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - kora - by Rhy - 07-08-2015, 10:02 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Kora - 07-14-2015, 05:04 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Rhy - 07-29-2015, 01:31 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Kora - 08-09-2015, 11:05 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Rhy - 08-17-2015, 10:14 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kora - by Kora - 08-31-2015, 01:06 PM