• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but i can't let go, dovev.
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He watches as the coughs come sputtering out despite Dovev’s best effort and his brows furrow together. Maybe it’s worry for himself or maybe some small part of him does hate to see Dovev suffering like this. After all, it’s not a glorious death by combat; it’s a slow weakening of the body that would have driven Vulgaris insane. But there’s mistrust in the other’s eyes and he decides not to speak on it. He had no reason to believe that the serpent gave a shit about him.

The truth is, however, that Vulgaris knows all too well that he’s hurt Leliana enough as it is. If bringing Dovev home with them would make her relax for even a second then he’d do it a hundred times regardless of his preferences. That’s why he follows when the skeletal creature begins to move away, close enough to feel the fever coming off of him in waves despite the winter chill. (And besides, if he stumbles he might be able to catch him.)

Are you really so comfortable lying to Leliana? You just casually hurt her whenever you feel inclined?” he asks with his head tilted, teeth clacking together on a few syllables despite his effort to be polite and understanding. The irritation builds up a low growl from the depths of his stomach that curls around the last few words. “When she’s well enough, I’m bringing her to Ischia to see you so she might sleep through the night for once, whether you like that or not. And if you die of the plague, then I will hunt down every magician there is to drag you back.

Truthfully, he despises magicians with a passion. More than he hates Dovev, probably. The idea of making a pact with any of them in order to potentially resurrect Leliana’s former flame makes his skin crawl, in all honesty. But he’d drag his belly across miles of broken glass if it meant she would be happy. The sun didn’t rise if she wasn’t smiling, for him.

With his threats issued, he turns and leaves for the Brilliant Pampas once again. Adna and Sabbath were likely itching to do something fun and their mother could use the rest, he’s sure. He exhales slowly from his nose and reminds himself that this trip will all be worth it once he sees their smiling faces at home again.
    @[Dovev]
    This only took me 20 million years to reply, but here it is! I'm so sorry for the wait. ; o;

Messages In This Thread
    but i can't let go, dovev. - by vulgaris - 11-07-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: but i can't let go, dovev. - by Dovev - 11-07-2018, 11:29 PM
    RE: but i can't let go, dovev. - by vulgaris - 11-21-2018, 11:50 AM