• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Any
    As she had hoped, having noticed her wanting to talk to both him and Scorch, Brennen materializes between them.  She watches with intrigue as they greet each other rather affectionately, and she cannot help the silly grin that slopes the line of her lips.  "Hello Brennen," she greets with a return smile, albeit, hers is still much larger.  The memory of the pair of them finding her lost within the expanse of the Field begs to be relived then, but as much as she'd love to lose herself in happier shadows of the past, now is not the time.  Stifling both her lapsing thoughts and the grandeur of her smile to something significantly smaller, she waits for their responses in respective turns.

"Perhaps one day, you can share one of your memories of her with me," she says with a distant voice after following Scorch's gaze to the twilight jaguar.  For the briefest of moments, she thinks of the lengthy Amazonia history, and it makes her wonder if Beqanna has ever seen anything like this plague outbreak before.

"Then we do what we can to support Leilan and Camomila's claims," she says when they have both giving their thoughts.  She's relieved to find that their opinions that she values so deeply fall into place with her own initial thoughts.  But it was soothing to hear them say it, and it put some ease on her mind knowing that Nerine could easily mark a course now.  "As you said Brennen, it would most likely only be a matter of time before they would rise to pose a threat to Nerine later, should we not try to deal with them now.  But I would rather deal with the issue of these strangers without killing anyone, if possible."  The last bit is an afterthought, knowing fully well that bloodshed might come to pass in one form or another, but hopefully without the loss of any life in its wake.  "I trust Leilan's judgement of Camomila if he sees her as an adequate co-ruler. And I would agree," she pauses momentarily for a single laugh, "leading might be good for him."

Sighing softly, she reshifts her weight, and her gaze finds Scorch's vibrant one easily, "I think shitstorm is putting it lightly."  Leading was difficult in general, but she was quickly learning in times of crisis the level of difficulty exceeded all of her fathomable limits.  "We'll get through it." She smiles at them in appreciation, dipping her head politely in acknowledgment, ""I should let you both go.  Thank you for taking the time to talk with me."

She turns to leave, but one last thought has her stop and pivot back. "Scorch, to give the newborn its best chance, I believe I will go to a safe haven very temporarily for when that time comes.  I won't be able to protect it forever, but at least I can give them a chance to gain some strength first." Mild sadness is evident in the lines of her expression, sorry that she would not be able to bear this unexpected child into a better place and time, and sorry that she wouldn't be able to do it in Nerine.  "I know you'll watch over Nerine for me when that time comes."

With one last smile of resolution, she turns and fades into the thickness of the forest.

@[Scorch] @[Brennen] you don't have to reply if you don't want to.  just wanted something quick Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 11-07-2018, 04:47 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Breckin - 11-13-2018, 07:50 PM