• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Any
    How silly she had been, to think she had been tired before.

Before the emergence of the Plague.
    Before the merging of the two kingdoms.
    Before the thorn in her side that Icicle Isle was becoming.
    Before pregnancy.

Exhaustion and confusion weighted her down, split between personal qualms and the best interests of her kingdom and the people who shared it with her.  What of the ones on the Isle? What should she do to help them?  Could she even help them?  As much as she would like to keep the Isle within Nerine's grasp, it was beginning to feel like there was a rift developing somewhere between the two territories, definitely not one for the better.  Perhaps it would be best to call back the Nerinians who had gone there, if they chose to come back at all, and sever all ties to the frozen island for now.  Wait and see who would come to power and then try to come to terms of an alliance.  But the others that remained on the Isle left a hollow feeling in the pit of her gut, enabling a feeling of unease at the obvious ill-intentions they felt towards the infected.  They might come to be satisfied and placated temporarily situated upon their barren isle, but would their distasteful ambitions fester and escalate?  Driving them off the island in an attempt to exterminate the Plague ridden?  

Regardless her conflicting thoughts--a direction would have to be marked, and a choice would have to be made.  

And is all bloody, fucking ridiculous is what this is,   she muttered to herself as she wove rapidly between wide trunks, unexpectedly passing the silver spectre of a large feline prowling nearby.  With a sideways glance and a small smile, she moved into the light the creature cast, dark eyes shifting from the phantom to its weaver.

"Sister, I apologize for disturbing you, but I need your advice," she admits, "And Brennen's also."   Though the bay stallion was not physically there, she understood he had a way of easily coming to know things, and she hoped that the way that she had spoken his name aloud in subtle desperation would be enough to gain his attention.  

"This affair with Icicle Isle...a decision has to be made in regards to Nerine's involvement, and my thoughts are conflicted.  I'd like to know what your thoughts are on Leilan and Camomila's claim benefiting Nerine, and the two stranger's claims whose intentions are questionable and leave me feeling wary and skeptical in light of envisioning our distant future.  Or should we allow all of Nerine to decide upon a choice."

Resettling her weight to balance over a singular hoof, she meets the gaze of Scorch directly, her previously hard gaze softening a degree, "I also need your advice on motherhood, Sister.  I have no knowledge and quite frankly the thought of this pregnancy and birthing scares me more than the concept of the Plague.  Do you think I should stay on Nerine for the child's birth, or should I go to a safe haven when that time comes?"   As undesirable as the situation was, she'd come to accept that she would bear a life this season, regardless if she was happy about it or not, and during a time when chaos poured through all of Beqanna.  And it made her wonder if it would be a poor choice of an expectant mother to bring this life into the susceptible place that her home currently was.

@[Scorch] @[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 11-07-2018, 04:47 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Breckin - 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM