• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  here it comes with no warning

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    She stares off into the distance.

Hypnotized by the waves that crash and thrash in the ocean that spreads out miles before her into the horizon. The cold water makes her limbs numb, spreading quickly to ever part of her body. She doesn’t feel it though—she is too numb, too caught up in the moment she has found herself in.

Her death.

She doesn’t hear him approach. It’s only when he speaks that she is drawn into the reality of it all. The monster has found her—the monster she let herself fall into the hands of.

He touches her, and she accepts his touch. She cannot find the will to run. The hope that she will be able to get away from him has diminished. Her light has been put out by the darkness he wears so proudly like a crown.

No longer does he need to play his song of fear. She feels it heavily with the way he touches her and the words he speaks. It’s thick in every word and every movement. She shivers at what he will do to her, but a part of her has come to terms with it.

She was always meant to die.

But not like this.

No, not like this.

But he is her god now. The divinity that weighs the worth of her life. To him it is worth something, but it is not meant to be alive anymore. And she agrees. Her life was no longer worth living. It never had been.

She accepts her death with defeat.

Her ending, her destruction by a monster.

But her ending was not truly the end.

With death, there would always be new life.

Even within the darkness.

As she lays there within the bleached-bone beach, she gives birth to something beautiful.

A child.

"Eva," she whispers with one last faint breath.

Hope.

Here lies Lucrezia
    The child of Evare and Rodrik
    A lover to no one truly except falling for monsters
    Mother to Rome, Brethil, and Eva
    A diplomatic at heart for the Deserts, but a failure at leading Tephra
    In the end she was the reason for her own death, blinded by her own faults

Lucrezia extends her farewells to:
    Straia – I wish things could have been differently. I’m sorry for the way we fell apart, it was my fault in the end. All these years later I still love you. I hope you are doing well.

Vanquish & Yael – You were always so kind and welcoming. Thank you for being the family I needed when I thought I had none. You did nothing but support me, and made me realize I was capable of more than what I thought I was.

Kreios – My dearest friend. I miss you and hope your life has turned out the way you wanted. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend since we were children. You were always there giving me the support I needed, thank you.

Magnus – Where would I be without you? You brought me back to life, but I ended up failing you. I never deserved your forgiveness, but thank you for it. Thank you for bringing me to Tephra and being the light when I needed someone. Please take care of Tephra, for me, for all of them.

Warrick & Amorette – Our time might have been short, but I would never change anything. You were always so kind and great friends. You are both wonderful, don’t let yourself fall away from that.

Etojo – You were always my favorite. I wish I could have said more, seen you more. Maybe I’ll see you in another life. You always did find me eventually. Maybe again.

Tarnished – You were alright. I guess I should let you know now, your son is actually Rome. Oops.

Bruise – Fuck you. I will come back for you.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    here it comes with no warning - by Lucrezia - 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning - by bruise - 11-09-2018, 01:57 AM
    RE: here it comes with no warning - by Lucrezia - 11-12-2018, 05:15 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning - by Etojo - 07-20-2019, 10:08 PM