• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Carry On
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

Lilitha supposed it should not come as a surprise that word had begun to spread of her claim on the dark forests of Taiga. After her impromptu meeting with Leilan, perhaps it was only a matter of time. And perhaps that was for the best, if it meant this first encounter with what could have been a rival was smoothed over.

“Well, Flamebrand. It’s lovely to meet you too,” she replied. “You’re right that I’ve made my claim here, though my intent isn’t to own the forest. It’s to guard it, and to make it as safe a place as possible given the recent disaster and upheaval. I know this land, I know it’s history, and I want to honor that by restoring it to its former status not as a kingdom, but as a home. For any who need it and give this forest the respect it deserves.”

She glanced back at the tiny filly hiding against her flank, tucked close and not even peeking at the stranger, hiding her face against Lilitha’s scarred side. “Taiga should be a safe place to raise families. I’m going to do my best to make sure it is that again. If you think that’s a vision you can fit in with, you’d be welcome to stay and join us. If you want to, of course.”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    Carry On - by Flamebrand - 11-03-2018, 12:16 PM
    RE: Carry On - by Lilitha - 11-03-2018, 12:44 PM
    RE: Carry On - by Flamebrand - 11-03-2018, 01:27 PM
    RE: Carry On - by Lilitha - 11-03-2018, 10:42 PM
    RE: Carry On - by Flamebrand - 11-04-2018, 01:01 PM
    RE: Carry On - by Lilitha - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM