• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kove, Snout\\
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

I am more than ready to leave the meeting that had gathered.  Anxious eyes look across the backs of those who gathered, seeking a faint glow.  But one does not appear.  I fidget with the trinket my brother had crafted for me as it reminds me of my friend who had not shown here.  With all that was happening, I can't help but wonder if Snout was okay.

I hadn't seen the stallion since we parted ways that evening after the caves.  He seemed to enjoy a quiet life and so I did not seek him out.  Talk of plague makes my heart flutter in my chest.  Lilac eyes look to my eldest sister when she motions for me.  My muddy hued legs nearly leap forwards, ready to begin my search.

We travel for a distance.  A high stepped trot -characteristic of my breed- allows me to seemingly dance across the flat top rocks.  Here the lava has cool and created a flat plateau of which greenery had not yet emerged from.  The sun was sinking quickly which did little in helping our hunt for the bay stallion. Or did it?

My voice calls out his name repeatedly.  Some moments louder than others but all are lined with worry.  A few more lengths and I turn to my sister.  I was trying to be brave, to not cry in my moment of fear, but I couldn't help think I may never see my friend(my only friend) alive again.  The welling of tears begin to flow and stain my cheeks when Karats whispers it will be okay.  I try to believe her but only confirmation would relieve my worries.

Kid, What are you crying for? 

My dark ears flicker back to a rough voice coming from behind me.  I gasp with hope that it is his voice.  My eyes grow wide and I quickly pivot to find a glowing form nearby. "Snout!" I yelp happily, my limbs rushing me to him and quickly embracing him in a hug,"We've been looking for you!  I was worried the plague got you!" I really had no idea what the plague was but everyone made it sound so horrible that surviving was unlikely. 

My greeting lasts possibly too long, and when I hear my sisters name leave his voice, I sniffle back happy tears as I release my grasp on the tusked stallion.  "When you didn't show to the meeting my fears got the best of me," I explain to justify my actions. He could have very well just not heard the calling, but that doesn't register in my immediate thoughts.

~

Karat smiles happily that all has been resolved but the look of fear still wrinkles the lines of her face.  Even in the dark I can tell she is thinking of Krom.  She speaks quietly, Now that we know Snout is okay we better let him have his evening in peace Kove.  She looks to Snout and offers an apology, I am sorry if we disturbed you but she was pretty distraught.  I should go follow up with Krom anyhow, he has left for Ischia.  Her silver eyes find Kove and look almost stern, Stay in Tephra where it is safe until me and Krom return...You hear me Kove?  She had never been one to lecture her siblings but something serious was happening outside(and inside) their walls and the safest place right now was the volcanic island.

With that the greyed mare turns to leave for her birthplace ...

~

With disbelief,I look slowly to Snout as my sister vanishes into the night.  I huff in irritation, "Ugh! Why do they think I am a child?!  She can't tell me what I can and can't do!" My front hoof stomps onto the hardened earth and echoes a sharp clip into the darkness.  I think of all the reasons I should go outside of Tephra borders and only one comes to mind, to prove I am not a baby.  My lilac tail flicks sharply along my white capped rump and I look towards where my sister has lead off to, "I am leaving Tephra!" My dished profile bobbs in confirmation at my plan as I step forwards...

@[Snout] So Kove may rebel just a bit XD 

Sry not sry for the novel.  She gets away from me lol and I did not proof read

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kove, Snout\\ - by Kove - 11-04-2018, 05:30 PM