• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  i'll burn it down; Rey & Any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    It doesn’t stop with the algae mare, of course.

Of course it doesn’t. So he stays that night on the island, guarding it. Breckin wants it, so he wants it - alright maybe he kind of likes it here. It’s cold, and he seems to be the only one who doesn’t need to get accustomed to it. It has ice, and ice has been his weapon since he first got a little fairy magic. By now, it had been warped into this draconian kind of ice, much colder than his previous frost aura; probably because the Ice Fairy had talked to him, and not, say, a flower-based one. He’d been gifted with magic he didn’t know about that day, and when the scaled creature had touched him, he’d become what he is now.

Scaled. Toothed. And with vision beyond compare.

And so he sees the gathering, blobs of heat in the icy night, and makes his way over quickly. Catches up on their conversation, for what it’s worth, and addresses them all in one go.

”They say home is where the heart is, but I suspect you only want the magic protection.” The ice of his eyes stares them down, as he continues. ”You’d be welcome to stay as a subkingdom or herd. But if you’ve come to lay claim, get in line, you are the third. This fucking icecube,” a short stomp of his feathered hoof emphasizes the this, ”is mine.”

He doesn’t know that he wants to have it until he says it. Would have sworn he could have said ‘Nerine’s’. But he has been living with kings and queens as their second for so long now, or at least, only unofficially so perhaps, that now he wants something for himself. For his children; the ones still wandering and the ones in Nerine, as well as the unborn one, that Breckin so neatly informed him of at the day that this fucking Plague broke out.

And even if his whole damn family can’t make it here to vouch for him, he has a whole kingdom to back him up, or share it with should they choose someone else. But not this bunch of nightcrawlers. Not as leaders anyway.

He might have been willing to share with Cam, even though he feels righht now, that he has more rights to claim on this icy isle - he’s the only one defending it currently. Heartfire could have it if she so choosed but, he didn’t think she would.

So if there was no-one else really wanting it, then it would be his.

Or at least not theirs.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Heartfire] @[Djinni] @[Camomila] @[Castile] I assumed you’re the ones most likely still hanging around but, tag anyone from Nerine please xD
    @[Sarkis] I think he ICly said for her to come here so, tagging just in case you want her in,
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-03-2018, 12:52 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-03-2018, 04:07 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Castile - 11-03-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-03-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Briella - 11-04-2018, 01:48 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-04-2018, 07:23 AM