• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  i'll burn it down; Rey & Any

A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption.

As the shadows begin to lengthen and warp, when the brisk, frosty air of winter finds your cheek, when the night creeps in — that’s when she slides out of the darkness like a wraith.

Of course she comes when the world is up on its axis and threatening to collapse, when the ruin is settling in around them like ash after an eruption. Over the years she has been collecting dust that now she shakes loose with the predatory, almost feline, switch of her hips (a hint, perhaps, at what lay just beyond her large, dark eyes and silky skin). Of course she comes when there is something to be gained.

She always does.

Because Phasus is a pretty monster, but she has never been a stupid one. She knows better than most that in times of turmoil there is much to be given to those that only ask for it. Preserving her heritage, and His name, is her life’s work and here, encompassed by the contagion, she is granted a perfect opportunity. So perfect, in fact, that she doesn’t even pause to laugh at the irony given Infection is the very name she seeks to cement into society.

Only this time she is more desperate.
    This time there are more pressing matters that call her out into a moonlit baptism.

This time it is also a matter of self-preservation. This time fear has burrowed in past her flesh like a parasite, now a tangled knot at the epicentre of her innards. The sickness left no one safe, not even one as untouchable as she has always been.

She could not afford contamination; would not.
    It had to be stopped, and it had to be stopped at any cost.

And so she comes, stretching out her macabre wings (as ominous as the rest of her; all black feather and the distinct glimmer of exposed bone) in the thin veil of light the night offers her. “I’m home,” she purrs against the blackness, and there is nothing warm or nostalgic about the way she sounds out those two syllables — like they hold something so much darker between them.

Now, she just needs some like-minded individuals for her cause.

phasus

@[Rey]

Messages In This Thread
    i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-02-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-03-2018, 12:52 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Leilan - 11-03-2018, 04:07 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Castile - 11-03-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Phasus - 11-03-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Oxytocin - 11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by bruise - 11-04-2018, 01:17 AM
    RE: i'll burn it down; Rey & Any - by Briella - 11-04-2018, 01:48 AM