• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; all read but reply to newer one
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The Warrior-King receives the same messages as the rest of them. The same visions and dreams and knowledge. He awakens from the lost time with not an overwhelming fear, for he has faced worse than he believes this is, but he is certainly worried, and very much so. The fine line between worry and fear is one he has walked both sides of, and so he recognizes that they should be treading carefully on it now. Part of treading carefully is knowing there is no time to be lost in preserving the safety of his people, and all of those who fall under his protection.

Here on his own island, surrounded by his main element, he is the most powerful. Even as he opens his honey-brown eyes, he is reaching for those around him, feeling each life-spark, and reassured by the fact that most of them are still at home. It doesn’t feel like he has time to wait for all of them to come to him, so Brennen does something unusual: a blatant display of his new powers, something he is simply not the type to flaunt in times less dire.

Some of them will hear his voice in their minds; some as if he’d spoken out loud. Some might simply know what he said, though they might not know how. The method is unimportant to him, and so he lets the magic choose for itself. “Brothers. Family. Strangers. You all know what has happened.” The bay stallion exhales, heavy with sorrow for the thought of lives that will be lost to this, one way or another. “I will do my best by all of you, but you must give me some time. For now, I’d recommend either staying put on Ischia, or traveling to Tephra. That land is safe, and I believe Kromium and his people will allow us shelter in our time of need.” His last conversation with the iron boy rises to his mind, and gives him confidence that the young king will do the right thing.

“Absolutely do not go wandering around outside of Tephra or Ischia. Don’t speak to strangers. Protect each other above all else.” He conjures up the mental image of his young son Maertin, with only a brief twinge of regret for putting something like this on someone so young; and of Grye, his grandson who is not much older. He shows the boys to anyone paying attention. “If you believe you are sick, find me or one of them. We can help to heal you.” He holds the connections for several moments, to soothe or address any concerns if need be. Then, in something less than words, a little bit of Brennen’s affection for them – for all of them, Brothers new and old, male and female, unknown and known, family and strangers – leaks through, and then he drops the connection, and sets his mind to solving the problems they are facing, one at a time.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

The Gist
    -Brennen used magic to send a message to everyone who considers Ischia home, is in Ischia, is a Brother, or is his family (basically if you want to have heard him you did)
    -He's planning for the safety of his family/the Brotherhood but he's not got an instant plan
    -He suggests not talking to strangers and going to Tephra for temporary safety if you want to leave the island
    -Brennen, Maertin, and Grye all have healing powers of various strengths so if you're sick we can work on healing or partial healing if you post to one of them and we'll tag the officials
    -Feel free to reply to this with your character receiving the message but they don't have to come find him or reply if they don't want to
    -He loves you all

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; all read but reply to newer one - by Brennen - 11-02-2018, 12:06 AM