• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW THE SWEETEST SUFFERING
    OF MOVING ON
    (Wake up…)
    Am I asleep?
    (… Just wake up…)

The return of his consciousness is a rogue tide slamming into him, bringing him back from an abysmal darkness he didn’t realize he succumbed to. There are no images, no specific voices of his past crooning to him or urging him to stir. A faceless noise is what speaks to him, a sound that he has never before heard.

(Wake up…)

There it is again, but there is no one and nothing around him.

That’s all there is… just him…
    He is under a spotlight – perhaps it’s the silver light of the moon during the twilight hours? – but he is entirely alone where his responding voice carries in an eerie echo. A slow turn of his head to the left, then the right, confirms the emptiness of his consciousness where nothing else remains.

(Tiphon)
    Yes, that is my name.
    (Son of Infection and Starlace)
    Okay.
    (Twin to Candle)
    I have a sister… a twin.
    (You are a beacon of light)
    Well, maybe in this twilight zone.

Why is the voice telling him this? Why is there a faceless voice speaking to him in this black void?

A breath catches in his throat as he moves around and remembers the sensation of his muscles and the mechanisms of his body. Wings! Yes, he has wings! He looks back over his shoulder to see the appendages standing vigilant, seeming to glisten with the rest of his porcelain body. A smile stretches across his lips and a fuzziness blossoms throughout his core. Happiness? Is that what this is? A pleasurable ignorance traces across his face as he lifts his eyes to continue looking around, desperately trying to fathom this wormhole he has found himself in.

Where, exactly, am I?
    (Beqanna)
    Yes, yes, I remember that name! Where in Beqanna?
    (Just wake up)

He walks forward again and spins in a circle. Halfway through, he notices a distant light as though he is locked in a tunnel. The moon’s silver spotlight diminishes from his body, leaving him shrouded in darkness. There is nothing except that small light. Narrowing his molten eyes, Tiphon walks toward that strange illumination. Then he’s running. His wings clutch to his sides as he hurls himself into a steadfast gallop with a sole purpose in mind.

The light.

This world of shadows claws at him, but he persists until he is swallowed by the silver light. It clutches his entire being, forcing air into his lungs.

He gasps.
    His eyes truly open.
    There are trees, meadows, mountains, and hills, but there is also turmoil and decay.
    Beqanna. He is in Beqanna.
    And he is awake.

TIPHON
    STARLACE AND INFECTION

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Tiphon - 11-01-2018, 06:13 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Madelyn - 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Tiphon - 11-02-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Madelyn - 11-06-2018, 04:20 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Tiphon - 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Random Event - 11-10-2018, 08:44 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Madelyn - 11-12-2018, 04:32 PM