• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

He saw. He damn well saw.

The creature’s eyes sparkle a little more when Valdis eased herself back, putting space between them as he grinned wolfishly. She hates that he takes such pleasure in it, that she faltered in her bold demeanor. It crosses her mind whether she could defend herself from him, but if he was truly a danger, he would’ve hurt her already. He would have taken joy in harming her untouched skin, buckling her underneath his weight to assert that he is the powerful one, not her. Valdis should consider herself lucky, and yet she is more and more entranced by him and the ominous aura that engulfs him. It still keeps her rooted and her interest piqued. The wolf is speaking to her, playing along with her when he could’ve easily had her blood smeared across his lips already. A shudder of fascination passes through her, kindling a feeble flame around her before it’s immediately extinguished.

”Power,” she says suddenly with an upward tilt of her chin, arrogance bleeding from her posture and voice, ”and respect.” Because she was overlooked. She isn’t the love child of Hyaline. She isn’t an obscured creation borne of two women. Although she was raised well and grew up equally among her younger siblings, deep down, she knew how different she was – how much of a misfit she was and is.

And maybe, just maybe, he is too.

Bravely – stupidly – she snaps at the air between them, her face contorted agitatedly. ”I’m not a child,” she snarls to cover up the pseudo lie, ”and I don’t run away.” That’s why she is here, both in front of him and within easy reach of the plague that is infecting their home and world. It’s why she toys with her chances and faces the hellhound. Although she faltered slightly, she refuses to allow him more gain on her. Valdis shakes her head slowly, her golden locks sliding beautifully across her face. ”I’m not running from you.”

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-26-2018, 02:28 PM