• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  go to hell for heaven's sake; any
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Such a foolish girl Valdis is, and yet she doesn’t stop herself from roaming. I won’t become sick, she tells herself in that childish way they think. Nothing will ever happen to me – isn’t that what they all assume? That no harm will ever touch their delicate skin? Arrogance is her weakness as it guides her down dangerous corridors until she is standing in the face of a hellhound. Of course, she doesn’t quite understand. Her blue eyes trace the edges of his face then trail down his body where she takes careful note of their differences. There is a hollowness in his eyes that should deter her and frighten her back into shelter, but she remains unyielding to her better judgment.

Skepticism smears across her pretty face as she continues scrutinizing him before her voice finds enough strength to rise from her throat. ”You aren’t afraid of this plague?” Her chin tilts, indignant and proud. Underneath layers of pride and ignorant certainty rests a fear that she will never truly experience the life she wanted because she will fall victim to someone or something. That, however, remains suppressed deep enough that she can barely brush the fingers of her consciousness across it. Valdis is in the moment, embracing the thrill of this new Beqanna and the dangers that it births.

Sylva clings heavily to his skin, but alas, he is here in a public area. Valdis assumes that all the kingdoms suffer from the same ailment and so she doesn’t inquire of it – such a redundant and immature question to consider. Although only two, she desperately tries to hold herself as an adult and face obstacles (and nightmares) with vibrato. It will ultimately be her undoing one day. ”I’m immune,” she lies as though attempting to shield herself from any attempt of disruption. ”So, I refuse to run like a coward.”

Stupid, stupid girl.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-01-2018, 02:53 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 09:35 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-06-2018, 05:04 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-12-2018, 03:38 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-14-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Sinner - 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
    RE: go to hell for heaven's sake; any - by Valdis - 11-26-2018, 02:28 PM