• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    that's all there is; a claim
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    He watches Wolfbane as he explains the current tension between the two kingdoms to the would-be ruler of the new land. Following his cue, Vulgaris relaxes a bit regarding her claim to the region. He’s come a long way since he first returned to Beqanna, although it might not seem like it. Before Loess groomed some of the ferocity from him, he might have simply sought her throat with his teeth. But now he’s making introductions and asking questions before he simply tries to slaughter any minor inconvenience. And she seems rather nice when she introduces herself, so he’s glad he’s learned at least some semblance of diplomacy by now.

When she explains to the growing group that she has no home to return to, he finds a slight frown developing across his expression. He’d taken Loess for granted, he realizes now. She even offers to heal their sick in exchange for submission to her claim. That kind of kindness reminds him of his Leliana and it softens his edges a little more.

He turns his head to watch as Lepis joins them now. He nods along as she suggests trying to convince Sylva to leave once they’ve been healed. It would be nice to only have like-minded individuals here until the plague subsides, he supposes.

If you’re willing to heal our sick, then I would be glad to let you have this region,” he says as he casts a glance to Wolfbane, searching for agreement in his gaze. “I’m going to go find Leliana and any others that need shelter. Should I look for anyone in particular while I’m gone?

Vulgaris knows the risks of leaving their sanctuary but he fears for others who have no region to return home to. Namely, he thinks of his lover, whom he exiled shortly before the plague swept through the land. He also thinks his sisters and children as his stomach curls itself into worried knots.
    @[Noah] @[Wolfbane] @[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    that's all there is; a claim - by Noah - 10-31-2018, 10:03 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by vulgaris - 10-31-2018, 10:54 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by Wolfbane - 10-31-2018, 11:41 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by Noah - 11-01-2018, 08:31 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by Lepis - 11-02-2018, 06:57 AM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by vulgaris - 11-04-2018, 10:14 PM