• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    that's all there is; a claim
    Keeping level with the golden stallion is a skill I have long since mastered. My wings tilt and bank in response to his without conscious thought on my part. I focus on flight anyway, finding it far preferable to sorting out whatever this disaster might be.

Safety first.

When it is in sight I break off from Wolfbane with a sharp nod, leaving him to descend toward the gathering Loessians and instead heading higher.

The world that spreads beneath my hooves is strange, but some part of it are still recognizable. Sylva spreads to the north, but this spit of land is bordered mostly by the sea. A narrow opening in the hills must be how those Loessians without wings had made it here. So little shared borderland with my homeland, and so much more with Sylva.

Despite the plague, I find myself searching for an advantage. It seems Wolfbane has rubbed off on me after all.

When my survey of this new place is complete, I find the gold and blue mark that is my king, and land beside him. I settle my wings neatly to my barely rounded sides and give a nod of recognition and a smile to Vulgaris before moving to stand beside Wolfbane.

I slide into the conversation without other introduction, listening to the unfamiliar roan girl speak of the plague and her ability to heal it. "But perhaps in exchange for you healing them, Sylva will leave this haven for us and stay in their forest. Plague seems fitting for them, after all, but I don't doubt we could defeat them if they insist on outright war."

There are few who know this better than I, their queen until recently. I wonder, briefly, if Arthas has told them that I no longer rule. He had never been fond of kingdom meetings, after all. That had been my forte. This thought is a reminder of my position, and I glance back at the winged girl.

"I'm Lepis," I tell her with a smile, all too familiar with the precarious position she holds.

Messages In This Thread
    that's all there is; a claim - by Noah - 10-31-2018, 10:03 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by vulgaris - 10-31-2018, 10:54 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by Wolfbane - 10-31-2018, 11:41 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by Noah - 11-01-2018, 08:31 PM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by Lepis - 11-02-2018, 06:57 AM
    RE: that's all there is; a claim - by vulgaris - 11-04-2018, 10:14 PM