• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Breckin
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The bay stallion is glad that he and Breckin are, for the most part, on the same wavelength about this. It will make the transition easier, and for the most part inspire confidence in those that look to them for guidance. He does quirk a little smirk at her when she speaks of Icicle Isle, his light eyes finding a clear moment of mirth even in these troubled times. “The Brotherhood’s original home was snow and ice most of three seasons out of the year. Every environment is livable, you just have to adapt. That, I can certainly help with.”

When she makes an overture clearly meaning she’d rather they all set up permanently in Nerine, he does hesitate. It’s barely visible, a flicker in his gaze and an intake of breath that isn’t quite even, but damn it, Ischia was the first place he has allowed himself to love in the New Beqanna, and it took him more than a decade to do so. Or, he supposes, the old New Beqanna, since things have changed once more. Still, he will miss the evergreen humidity of his island, the friendly avian residents, the phosphorescent algae washing in on the tides; he’ll miss the easily defensible position, the secret coves and grottoes, the shadows created by the towering trees. But in the end, it is just a place. Once, he had seen the beauty in Nerine, too. Once, he had sworn himself to a Queen on these shores. He can do so again. So, he nods his agreement and murmurs, “Nerine it shall be, then.”

They diverge to what might have been a very important issue, were it anyone else. In fact, he suspects some in this new situation will come to blows as they try to determine which land in each sector will stand the highest in rank. But Brennen has rarely cared about the title itself; only about the people his title protects. “I will assume the role of champion, or of general, or of whatever our people need me to be.” Brennen’s eyes take on a fleeting, faraway look. “I was many other things, before I was ever a King, and for a much longer time. A prince, a warrior, a general, an advisor. I am more suited to these roles anyway. Your people love and respect you as a leader, Breckin, and so will the Brothers who unite under your banner now.”

He reaches out, one hundred percent back to the here-and-now, and bumps his nose against her shoulder in a friendly gesture, a supportive gesture. “If you cannot think of any more logistical concerns, I should return and speak to the others. We will join you shortly, I should think, here or on the Isle.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Breckin - by Brennen - 11-04-2018, 08:06 PM