• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows - Thorgal

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    The situation had been tense from the start, but, even though leaving the boy with his mother tore him to pieces, it was the best he could do when the woman he'd once known as pleasant and outgoing, was deep-down hating him so much that bits of it would surely seep to the surface. Thorgal would see. Thorgal would know, the moment she would look at him, the moment she would say his name. He couldn't have his son be torn up because of it.

Now, at least he had a mother he could wholly love. As his statement explained. Leilan nods, and, then cocks his head at the boy. "I'll help you look - but I doubt we'll find anything here. I mean, fruits and flowers aplenty, but with time, they'll be gone. You'll need something more permanent. She needs something more permanent." He thinks this over for a second, then nods. "The beach would be a better place to start." Shells, pretty stones, or if they're lucky, some of that see-through coloured stuff that looks like rough diamonds (sea-worn glass)... anyway, something for her to keep when Thorgal was grown up, to remember her boy.

Thorgal says he's fine, and tells him he went to other lands. Leilan nods automatically, unable to help himself before it's too late. "I know." Oops - maybe not a good idea to tell the kid he'd been trailing and spying on them, but anyway, take it as he might, perhaps it's more of a general 'I know'? Ah, who's he kidding, better talk over it quick. "But I did not mean physically, son." he says. The sadness he feels about the situation nearly seeping into his voice, makes him grimace in the distance, upset with nothing but himself, that he lets his guard down so easily.

He paws at the ground a little, then, before looking back at the boy with the deep blue of his eyes. All of this is a mess he doesn't know how to fix. It doesn't look fixable, from his point of view, because visiting might trigger Roseen's hatred and anger, and pretending he's not the boy's father would be even worse than that.

It's an endless, vicious circle, from where he stands.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Thorgal]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows - Thorgal - by Leilan - 11-04-2018, 08:05 AM