• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

welcome to my dark side. [open]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She observes quietly, indeed. Magnus tells her he does get enough sleep, and she smiles a bit but doesn’t continue to argue. Whatever he thinks is enough, she supposes. He seems alert enough now, though perhaps near the point that he should go and rest, but the black mare is much different. She looks tired, and Ilma wonders if it’s not just this night that she’s up; she seems more tired in the mental way, like perhaps this prank of her family like she said it was, is not the first one.

She receives a blatant stare at her question if this... damsel... even wants their help. She was right in her estimation then; someone to rather fix her problems on her own. But Salomea also shows restraint after that, and that she can appreciate.

Ilma has nothing much to add to Magnus’ explanation, so she gives him a nod as a thanks for his answering the quesion. ”If either of our homes aren’t a fit, we could introduce you to our allied lands as well.” she offers, or at least, that’s what she usually does. ”Either way, it is your choice, and for most lands, it’s just a matter of telling a recruiter or leader that you’re interested.” she tells the mare. ”Most kingdoms have rules about joining or climbing ranks, but you usually aren’t required to have one to live somewhere.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Salomea - 10-25-2018, 10:55 PM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by magnus - 10-25-2018, 11:44 PM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Set - 10-26-2018, 12:53 AM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Ilma - 10-26-2018, 01:32 AM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Salomea - 10-26-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by magnus - 10-26-2018, 09:53 PM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Ilma - 10-28-2018, 03:55 PM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Salomea - 10-28-2018, 10:09 PM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by magnus - 10-29-2018, 12:01 AM
    RE: welcome to my dark side. [open] - by Ilma - 11-03-2018, 06:17 AM