• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me steal this from you now, leliana
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    It’s Wane’s turn to babysit their egg and so she ventures out to stretch her legs for a while. Occasionally, she shivers, and the feeling causes her shimmering scales to cascade along her body. She eyes them all curiously as she passes by them. A faint smirk rests pleasantly her lips as the tall grasses brush along her skin. The trees have shed their leaves and they reach, naked, for the gray sky above them. This is her favorite time of year. The way her breath puffs from her lips with each delicate breath mesmerizes her for a while.

Until she sees a girl with serpentine wings all glittering against her tired body. She thought she could pick out most of her remaining siblings but it seemed she was mistaken. She and Kerrigan used to make a game of it and laugh cruelly at the other rejected offspring who took it personally. They were all cast aside in favor of the golden family, she used to think. Anadil told them from a young age that their father would never come looking for them and they accepted it. (It hurt so badly at first, of course, but time gifted her with a calloused heart.)

So she wanders closer, eyes flicking from rich hazel-brown to vibrant green with a sliver of a pupil watching the stranger. Her coat sheds along her shoulders and hips in favor of the pearlescent and blood red scales. But she keeps her teeth. Fangs never made for warm introductions.

Are you one of us?” she asks with a slight tilt of her head as she examines Leliana’s body closely. She’s got a kind face that lacks the sharp lines of Khuma’s father. No, she’s something new and different. How exciting.  Kerrigan would be so envious that Khuma had found another red serpent in their midst, so she makes a note to mention it next time she sees her.

I’m Khuma,” she explains as she finally brings her gaze to meet Leliana’s. She only vaguely resembles Vulgaris and Shiya – namely in the quiet danger lurking behind her eyes. But that primordial need to consume and conquer coils, twisting itself deep within her all the same.
    khuma.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    let me steal this from you now, leliana - by Khuma - 10-25-2018, 10:39 PM