• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above; jude

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

He doesn’t deny the warmth that spreads in his belly when she says that she will visit Tephra. 

His gold-flecked eyes burn a little brighter, a little darker, and although he wants to step back and guide her there immediately, he remains patient. He turns his gaze from her, the lopsided grin warming his features to turn to the dragon stallion, ears perked forward to listen. Although he is surprised that the stallion turns and leaves so abruptly without offering a tour of his home, he just nods. “It’s been a pleasure meeting you, as well, Leilan.” His whiskey voice is low, holding the others gaze with the same strong grasp of a steady handshake. “I hope that our paths will cross again soon.”

But then the other is leaving, disappearing along the horizon, and his attention turns back to the mare. Taking a step back, his expression turns slightly boyish, the excitement at getting to show Tephra clear. 

“Shall we, Jude?” 

The walk back is relatively quick, thanks to the short distance between the field and Tephra, but Magnus fills it all the same. He asks questions, answers her own, and fills the rest of the silences with banter, the conversation easy. It is easy to be with her, her honeyed voice light and beautiful, and he finds that he grins a little wider as they reach the border. He is careful to provide support as they cross the wider of the streams, the saltwater rising up their legs, and he guides her further into the heart of Tephra.

When they are slightly further in, the air turning heavier, he stops, taking a deep breath.

His eyes close for a second as the sulfur hits him, the sharp scent a homecoming for him.

When he opens them again, he slants his heavy-jawed head back her way. 

“Welcome to Tephra.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

@[peregrine jude]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    good shouldn’t need to tempt us above; jude - by magnus - 10-21-2018, 02:02 AM