• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tonight just lay with me; Rapture

Levi.

Even in her unconsciousness, she would recognize him anywhere. She knows nothing else, her thoughts scattered and fragile, but she knows him. A safe harbor in the storm of her jumbled memories and disjointed emotions. She reaches for him, struggling to hold onto him in a sea determined to see her drown.

Slowly, the storm begins to ease. She clings tightly to him as she fights for the surface. Memories begin to return, haunting and horrible, settling into their rightful homes inside the recesses of her mind. For a moment, she wonders if she wants this. Wants to remember everything that had happened in the land of decay. Her breath quickens, chest tightening with the surge of emotion that rises, a tidal wave that threatens to draw her under again.

With a gasp, her eyes snap open, wild with fright and panic. She jerks against the body holding her, confining her. “Longclaw!” she shouts, her voice raspy and bruised, shaking with anguished regret. For a moment all she can see is his glimmering blue face, slack and rotting with death. “NO!” she gasps, struggling now against the weakness of her own limbs.

Then his scent intrudes, hot and salty and so familiar, bring with it a tinge of sanity. She whimpers softly as she collapses against him, exhausted by exertion and grief. Tears slip silently down her cheeks as she buries her face against the familiar heat of his neck. A part of her refuses to believe, but a larger, more persistent part of her cannot fail to recognize the truth of what had happened deep beneath those waves.

And so she weeps silently into Levi’s skin, wishing she could simply disappear into him. Wishing he could, somehow, drive away every memory, every ounce of pain that had settled into her heart.

Make me a promise that time won't erase us

That we were not lost from the start

Rapture

Messages In This Thread
    Tonight just lay with me; Rapture - by Levi - 10-19-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: Tonight just lay with me; Rapture - by Levi - 11-01-2018, 10:24 AM
    RE: Tonight just lay with me; Rapture - by Rapture - 11-02-2018, 11:37 AM