• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tonight just lay with me; Rapture

He didn't realize how empty he had felt until she speaks his name. Hope fills him, washing away whatever dangerous mania had been rising. 

"Rapture," her name escapes him involuntarily in response to his own. His heart hammering with such force that surely she can feel it against her side.  Her skin seems not so cold now, and her pulse a little stronger. But just as quickly as his hope had flared it is smothered. 

She fades again, her head falling across his knees, and his hope crashes down with it. Levi's mismatched eyes uncharacteristically wide, and his heavy skull swivels above her, unsure of where to touch, what to do.  He holds his sturdy frame still against her back, afraid now that any movement will jar her or cause her discomfort.

Panic rises in his chest. Could she walk? Has she had fresh food or water in days? Could he carry her? There is a chance she will live if he chooses the right actions, if she is lost now it will be his fault. 

Yet, he is at a loss.

"Rapture," he says again, but this time it is a call, a plea, instead of praise.  Finally, his muzzle settles on her brow, gently removing her forelock from where it rests over her closed eye. "Tell me what to do." 

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

@[Rapture]

Messages In This Thread
    Tonight just lay with me; Rapture - by Levi - 10-19-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: Tonight just lay with me; Rapture - by Levi - 11-01-2018, 10:24 AM