• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sleep baby sleep, what are you waiting for?
    Despite Cas's support, my legs are still too unsteady to hold me. I satisfy myself instead to be laying a bit more upright, offending limbs folded against my barrel. One tattered wing drags lifeless alongside me like an abandoned cloak. He's in his draconic guise, far larger than me. All sharp edges and glinting scales, fearsome enough to strike terror into his foes. I've never seen him fully shifted before. Still haven't, as he's curled around me like an enormous cat, one wing a sheltering canopy above our heads. Still, it's not fear I feel with him close by. Not of him, any how.

As trusting as a newborn foal, I settle into the curve of him. He's solid as the ground beneath us, the warmth emitting from him almost uncomfortable. Still, I press close. I need this touch, the sense of security I've always had in his embrace, because nothing else feels safe right now. Maybe he can burn away the wretchedness I feel inside.

Unbidden, a wave of nausea rolls through me, making my teeth clench and one traitorous tear slide down my cheek. This coming back to life thing is an utter bitch. Blinking hard, I rest my head against the smooth scales of his shoulder, waiting for the world to stop reeling around me.

You're alive.

Like good whiskey; His voice is warm and smoke-smooth, woven together with emotion and filling me with melting heat. I nod mutely, finding my own throat tightened with feeling. I miss his mane in this form. Burying my face in it and kissing the satin skin underneath. Instead, I press my lips to the hard scales of his shoulder. Not an urgent kiss of passion, but simple physical reassurance that he's really here. "You came for me. W-where are we, what's happened?" My voice is still hoarse from disuse, but growing stronger.

My shaking begins again as memories filter back into my mind. My last recollection is Klaudius' ironclad face as he stood over me triumphant, blood pulsing from my chest in a fatal stream. The fury of it is almost enough to bring me to my feet, only to slide back down again, trembling like a thing hunted. "I'm going to kill him. I'm going to fucking kill him!" A ludicrous claim coming from someone who can't even stand yet, but it felt good to say it.

My body, however, is quick to make me regret the sudden increase in blood pressure. Dizzy again, I have to let him support me. "I'm almost didn't make it back, Cas." My ice-blue eyes meets the glow of his, voice mixing fear with the childish belief that he'll make things better. I can't face it on my own.

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sleep baby sleep, what are you waiting for? - by Sabra - 11-05-2018, 11:47 AM