• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When rain appears - Any

Before she realized it she had started humming a quiet, cheerful song to herself. It was a song she learned from her mother when she was a filly. Back then, she wasn’t a very big fan of it, and always requested her mother to sing something else. But now it seemed quite fitting for her mood. Cheerful, possibly excited. There was a bit of curiosity as to whether Diarmuit remembered the song; he always liked it more than she did. It was the first song her mother sang to him after they found him.

Unintentionally she began recalling the day she had met him, so long ago. They were both just little foals at the time. She was traveling with her mother when it had sudden begun to rain. That’s when she saw him. Diarmuit had been wandering around, dirtied with a mixture of mud and blood plastering his coat. He was nameless, with no recollection of why he was covered in blood that they soon learned wasn’t his. He had no memories of anything at all. Her mother took him in right then and there. She raised him as her own, but he was never really part of the family. Reva and Diarmuit never saw each other as siblings, only friends.

On that day, he was so quiet, distant, and completely devoid of all emotions. But since then he opened up more. He seemed to brighten up, become more happy and trusting. But Reva suspended there was still a wall between his true feelings and everyone else. He held everything in so well, constantly made her wonder what he was thinking and how he really felt. And whenever she’d bring it up, he’d dodge the question with one of his own, asking about her instead and pretending he wasn’t as important. It was frustrating, infuriating even. She just wanted to get past that stupid wall he put up so long ago.

She sighed lightly and shook her head. Reva refused to let her mood be dampened now. He was in Beqanna, and one way or another she would get through to him. One day, she’d figure out what was going on inside his head.

Too distracted by her thoughts, Reva was completely unaware of the sudden presence of another horse until they spoke. Usually a serious of questions would get on her nerves, but not this time. Instead of snapping at the mare for her cheeriness, she beamed and showed equal joy. “I’m Reva,” she replied. “I’ve never been to any of the Kingdoms before and decided to pay them a visit. Nerine was the first on my list.”

Reva

though I walk in the calm, do tread lightly, for I am the storm

@[Nalia]

Messages In This Thread
    When rain appears - Any - by Reva - 10-18-2018, 07:52 AM
    RE: When rain appears - Any - by Nalia - 10-23-2018, 09:13 AM
    RE: When rain appears - Any - by Reva - 11-06-2018, 10:34 AM
    RE: When rain appears - Any - by Nalia - 11-07-2018, 08:15 PM