• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Ea
    It was true, sadly enough, that Ea had been the child to receive the most attention from her Khaleesi mother. In those days, anyway; Blue gets plenty now. But things were different since she no longer lead a kingdom; not only that, but she had long abandoned the practice of attempting to orchestrate empires and what not. Ironically, it would seem that the children of her children had a passion for making that long-dead dream come to life, or at least, they liked to attempt such feats. These days though, Scorch largely ignored them, preferring to be useless and to gripe.

She had a right to griping, considering that the one home she had known no longer existed. She had a right to gripe, but I doubt that anyone besides me sees it that way. After all, she is my crispy rat, and I love her dearly; so much so that I once brought her out of the place that Ea is, because life without her felt... Well, flameless, and unguided. She is my light and my dark, my biggest bitch and my most passionate queen.

Lost in thought, Scorch flinched slightly at Ea's next interjection. The words were soft enough, but somehow, the barren mare still sometimes forgot about how easily the dead accessed her mind. Smiling now though, she tried her utmost to make the sound of the I miss you too last for as long as it could within the confines of her mind; but shortly, her daughter continued to speak, and the words which meant most to her gradually faded away.

"Hmmph," she answered at Ea's harmless jab, her large head shaking slowly from side to side. "Well, I certainly can't deny that."And yet, the chuckle that she heard from her daughter's end mimicked the sadness she felt tightening the muscles spanning her own chest, and this echo only worsened the feeling. Ironically, Ea chose the most anxiety-inducing thing to ask next; but it was not as if neither of them were thinking it.

After all, the two spent hours speaking as they do now; and if not, they at least kept a silent connection.

Clearing her throat, Scorch averted her eyes, though from what, she couldn't say. "Well, here's the thing... I may or may not have conceived another magically-enabled child with my predecessor, Brunhild, on an absolute whim. So while Blue is lovely and blossoming, Brennen is... At best, back to being just my friend." Big sigh, complete with eyes squeezed shut. "Somehow, I manage to circle back around to a teenage level of impulse control every fifteen years or so. God fucking dammit."

In the distance, she heard the sound of someone calling her name. Hugely grateful of an interruption after this enormous confession, she hastily excused herself from the connection, visibly blushing beneath her mutilated grey skin. "I'll tell you more later, after you're done being disappointed in me. And when I finally get you out of there" - (they joked and spoke frequently of bringing her back to life) - "I give you full permission to yell at me for my stupidity."

"I love you, Ea."

Dimming the connection, Scorch turned and went on her way. She felt more confused than ever, and yet, somehow, serene; as if everything would be okay.

@[Ea]
    So, I brought up the timeline to make more sense, especially with the upcoming potential of her revival. I hope you don't mind that I wrapped it up, my to do list is OBNOXIOUSLY long and with the chronology break, now everything is confusing af ahhhh <3 Also, why why wHY WHY is this so LONG, I literally meant for it to be 3 paragraphs. curse you and your muse inspiring writing. (i love you)
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Ea - by Scorch - 10-17-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Ea - by Ea - 10-22-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Ea - by Ea - 01-02-2019, 06:22 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Ea - by Scorch - 01-07-2019, 03:09 AM